• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 The Wisdom of Children

p51

Just an interesting anecdote...

Last weekend I had my GT/CS parked in the driveway while I was working in the garage. A mother and her son, who was about 6 or 7, walked by. The little boy exclaimed as they passed, "Mommy, look at the beautiful car!".

Now, one can argue that adults love the cars with which they grew up. And a teenager might like the retro look. But someone at age 6 only sees the aesthetics. And he's spot on, Cal Specials are intrinsically beautiful cars...

...pretty sure at least some of you would agree with me on that :smile:

shane18fly

Agreed! We were at a car show this summer. Had our GT/CS's there and a young kid of 9 came by with his grandfather who owned one years ago. The young boy immediately gravitated to the cars and requested pictures with the vehicles. After the posed pic's he got on the ground and kneeled in front of the cars with the "worship kneel" and exclaimed jokingly, "I'm not worthy!" I asked what his fascination was and he told me he had seen pics from his grandfather's glory days and had liked the cars ever "since I was a kid"! He was only nine and that put my 49 years into perspective real quick! shane

Midnight Special

...I concur. This happens regularly at gas stations and from passing mini-vans. Young kids are extremely enthusiastic which only adds to my pleasure of being an owner/ operator...

747Driver

They're still tuned into all of the senses that too many "grown-ups" unfortunately begin to tune out. Whenever my 9 year old daughter says how much she loves just looking at my Corvette, or when I see her take that big satisfied breath of the fresh leather interior everytime she gets in for a ride, it reinvigorates my own numbed senses of why we love cars. When both of my daughters first saw my GT/CS before I bought it...in all of it's oxidized, flat-tired glory, I expected them to roll their eyes and make ridiculous remarks...but instead, they both said, "Dad, that's way cool!" They get it. Guess that's reason enough for finally overpaying for it! Merry Christmas! Josh

earlymustang

Yeah I think its great when I hear a young child that has no idea about car details exclaim out that they love that Mustang or say that Mustangs are cool.

GT/CS S Code

We were at a car show this summer. Had our GT/CS's there and a young kid of 9 came by with his grandfather who owned one years ago. The young boy immediately gravitated to the cars and requested pictures with the vehicles.

Kids love classic cars!
:wink:
When we were up in Kamloops last August for their "Hot Nites in Kamloops" show and shine we had as many youngsters come and comment on the car as adults ... Many of them asked for "photo ops", which I am more than happy to oblige them with. Hey, these are young Mustang enthusiasts in the making!
:grin:

Attachments

• Kamloops Show and Shine August 2010 240.jpg
    Kamloops Show and Shine August 2010 240.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 21
  • Kamloops Show and Shine August 2010 241.jpg
    Kamloops Show and Shine August 2010 241.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Kamloops Show and Shine August 2010 261.jpg
    Kamloops Show and Shine August 2010 261.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Kamloops Show and Shine August 2010 258.jpg
    Kamloops Show and Shine August 2010 258.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 16

J.Bart

even late models..... it gives me hope and confidence, when i'm at a show, and i see a grade school kids eyes light up. they know cool cars when they see them.
and they are going to be after "all" the gt/cs cars when they get jobs!

oh man!, we're going to have to keep them out of site, or we are going to have these kids coming by day and night wanting to buy our cars!
that's kinda cool