• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 The one day wonder...

dalorzo_f

...far from concours, but if anyone sticks their head under the car its going to look OK. Just need to let the red oxide dry a day or three and will mask and hit the machined surfaces with VHT cast iron (kinda a sparkly silvery that will look reasonable...)

Decided against replicating any factory marks. Get the axles in to the shop for new bearings Monday and hopefully have it back in the car next weekend...

I think it looks a bit better than it did this morning! :eek:

Ruppstang

It is amazing what a couple of spray cans and a determined day's work can do.
It looks great.

Don

Very nice. The important thing is you have it all well documented and you can always add any meaningful marks down the road.

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Back in place, now just need to finish off the brakes, do an alignment, a few interior items, apply the stripes and she should be road ready.

CIMG0085%20Large_zpsnhth1w6z.jpg
[/URL]

CIMG0083%20Large_zpsf8q45v2y.jpg
[/URL]

May need to change the front springs as the Shelby drop lowered it just enough to make it a bit close to as low as I'd like...

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

The ends and yellow/orange colors? Yep, thought it was a bit odd, but the colors are what I found when cleaning and replaced it...

As most of the car is original and as a "second" owner (ok 4th, family mom-to-son then to the guy who flipped it to me) with a stack of receipts, VIN stamped engine trans and color striped driveshaft as well as all the marks I found on the rear, and most service records showing nothing done to the rear assumed they came that way... maybe not...

In any case, it runs....

(and you can't see it.. but one is longer that the other too, so they don't match that way either! :wink: )