• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 The never ending "repaint"....

dalorzo_f

Typically this project blew out the budget/schedule and the "while I'm at its" grew and grew... but we are getting close.

Waiting on a new date correct distributor as the old one seems to have some "wobble" making tuning tough.

Finished install of '69 headrests on the '68 seats yesterday, a simple bolt-in adapter I developed allowed these to go in without reupholstering in about and hour or two per seat. Not "correct" but as original '68 headrests are basically unavailable a nice look and a bit more safety...

A happy-snap side by side after one was done... happy with the results.

Distributor, tune the engine, get the brakes and alignment checked and then apply the stripes and its (finally) pretty much there.. a year and a half late!!!

Ruppstang

Richard it looks great , I am glad you got the head rests sorted out. I have used 69 headrest on my sons 68 but we simply used 69 seat backs. It is good that you developed a way to use the 68 backs.
Marty

franklinair

That's what I did with my Highland Green CS. I prefer the '69 headrests also. (whodat generously sent me the '69 seat backs) Added new foam & recovered.

Neil

Attachments

• IMG_0273.JPG
    IMG_0273.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

I have kits, two adapters plates, all hardware instruction booklet on install. Does not include '69 headrest or mounting bracket, but available from NPD, etc. Reuse your '68's no need to find 69s, which are becoming harder to get.

Not sure what shipping to the US would be, but if anyone wants info PM me....