• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

The most HP i can add without voiding the warranty?

koronen

I am in the planning stages for my CS, 69 more days till I get to leave Korea and pick it up =). The car comes with a 7 year 75,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, and since I do not want to void my warranty, a supercharger or turbocharger is definitely out of the picture. What else can I do to get more HP. I want to get into the 375- 400 area.

Robby

J.Bart

i'm told the 400hp supercharger comes with a warrenty.
the super pack ,performance pack, and the short throw shifter deosnt void the warrenty
am i being lied to??? i probably need to get it in writing

wally05

If it is installed at a ford dealership, then a warranty comes with it. Nothing technically "voids" the warranty unless it was found to be a direct cause of a problem you may bring it in for. Some dealerships will try to blame everything on new axleback mufflers (stupid ppl), so ask your dealership if they're "mod friendly." If this is an 07 or 08 CS, then a cold air intake from C&L with a tuner is an easy 20hp. Underdrive pulleys. New mufflers or new exhaust, up to you. Headers. You could get close to 350 crank hp, but not much more. If you want to be hitting 400 naturally aspirated (no super or turbo), you have to get cams, heads, etc.

Go to www.brenspeed.com and email them. These guys are some of the best new mustang guys in the business.

albegtcs

Jbart and Wally05 are correct, contact your dealer and ask if the "ford motorsports" products installed before the delivery of the vehicle will void the warranty. When I picked up my 07 gt/cs Ford was not as open to modification since the only differance between the GT/CS and the 07shelby GT was the hurst shiter,FR3and FR1 upgrades, and about 8 grand in cost, however if you go to the ford motorsports web site I believe the FR1 suspension upgrade, FR3 power pack, and the 400HP Super pack are all covered by a 3 YR 36,000 mile warranty. You will need to see how the service manager, not sales person at the dealership interprets the warrenty from ford motorsports. Get a written document from them advising they will cover the vehicle with these modifactions. Please let us know what the dealership tells you

joedls

This is from Rousch's website:

The ROUSHchargerTM is the only supercharger unit on the market protected by Ford's 3 year / 36,000 mile factory drivetrain warranty, or one year on ROUSH components for vehicles already past their warranty date.

This system has been extensively dyno tested and provides gains of 145 HP and 98 lb-ft of torque at the flywheel. The unit fits both manual and automatic vehicles and comes complete with all necessary hardware, brackets, fasteners, and instructions, with an estimated installation time of eight hours. The ROUSHchargerTM fits all 2005 - 2008 Mustang GT's with the 4.6L, 3-valve V8 powertrain system.

Main components include a ROUSH M90 Roots-style supercharger, intake manifold, air-to-water intercooler system, and high-flow fuel injectors and induction system. In addition to this hardware, the key to maximizing performance is the upgraded ROUSH PCM calibration. ROUSHchargerTM owners must ship their PCM unit to ROUSH Performance for the necessary calibration (overnight shipping is included for free.)

145 horsepower

98 lb-ft of torque

73mm Supercharger Pulley

For MANUAL or AUTOMATIC transmissions

5 PSI boost

Estimated 8-hour installation time

ROUSH stand-alone ECM calibration

Includes the industry's only 3-year / 36,000-mile drivetrain warranty.

NOTE FOR APPLICATION ON 2007 and 2008 MY MUSTANGS:
SUPPLEMENTAL KIT IS REQUIRED

Price: $5,899.00

J.Bart

hhmmm.
roush sounds good, i guess i better go and talk to the service manager and get something in writing.

J.Bart

the ford racing website shows a 3yr/36000mile warrenty if installed at delivery
i guess i have some checking to do

Z28ZL1

My dealer says that Whipple S/C if installed by Ford dealerships is covered by warranty. Performance Pacs and other FRPP items are covered by warranty also as they use these parts on the 07/08 Shelby GT's and GT500. I had inquired before on mine cuz I was thinking of the Whipple in mine. I have heard conflicting stories about the Rousch S/C and I would suggest anyone interested in purchasing a Rousch to thoroughly read up on it before purchase. See if a dealer will let you test drive a Rousch Stage 3. Check for acceleration and such...before a purchase.

Last edited:

wally05

The only story I heard was during a magazine test drive, the car ran terribly with the Roush charger... but it was b/c the tune was bad. Other than that, I've heard it's a great super.

Z28ZL1

Heard that it builds up heat more, has throttle lag at times, requires more boost, has weak underdrive pulleys and that once installed and tuned, if you wanna add any more mods later, you can't because it will void warranty.
Also the Roush technology is older. They say twin screws is the way to go.
But thats just what I heard. (Joedls: any probs with yours)? There are so many S/C's to choose from so its just what you would prefer. Heard Saleen
Series VI is good and that it makes good power and that Saleen continues your warranty. Don't wanna make too much HP for a stock engine (over 475 HP) or something will blow if its not built good internally. Anyway, this is just what I heard from previous owners and read. Never experienced a Roush myself, so don't know if it is true or not.

joedls

Heard that it builds up heat more, has throttle lag at times, requires more boost, has weak underdrive pulleys and that once installed and tuned, if you wanna add any more mods later, you can't because it will void warranty.
Also the Roush technology is older. They say twin screws is the way to go.
But thats just what I heard. (Joedls: any probs with yours)? There are so many S/C's to choose from so its just what you would prefer. Heard Saleen
Series VI is good and that it makes good power and that Saleen continues your warranty. Don't wanna make too much HP for a stock engine (over 475 HP) or something will blow if its not built good internally. Anyway, this is just what I heard from previous owners and read. Never experienced a Roush myself, so don't know if it is true or not.

I'm sure there is better technology available, but I have not experienced any problems with mine. I've only had the car for about 6 weeks and driven it about 2000 miles. Roots style blowers do produce more heat, but the intercooler and low boost pressure take care of any problems that may cause. I have not experienced any throttle lag. In fact I'm researching suspension mods right now so the car will hook up when I disengage the traction control. Also, I'd be leery of any claims made about superchargers and warranties. Rousch claims to be "the only supercharger unit on the market protected by Ford's 3 year / 36,000 mile factory drivetrain warranty". This claim is made on their website. Do any of the other companies make this claim? Or is it some parts dealer that is trying to sell a particular part?

J.Bart

ford racing is telling me that if their supercharger is installed before you take delivery of the car they have a 3yr/36000 mile warrenty
i have suspicions that all manufacturers will try to weasle out of it
i am going to talk to the service manager and see what he says about fords end

Z28ZL1

ford racing is telling me that if their supercharger is installed before you take delivery of the car they have a 3yr/36000 mile warrenty
i have suspicions that all manufacturers will try to weasle out of it
i am going to talk to the service manager and see what he says about fords end

Get it in writing before install so Ford stands behind it later.:smile:

Joedls: BTW, congrats on your recent purchase of your Redfire. I just realized it was you that made the purchase (complete with S/C) a coupla weeks ago when I read your sig. Really awesome! Maybe I'll see ya at Knotts in April!

joedls

Joedls: BTW, congrats on your recent purchase of your Redfire. I just realized it was you that made the purchase (complete with S/C) a coupla weeks ago when I read your sig. Really awesome! Maybe I'll see ya at Knotts in April!

Thanks. The car is definitely fun and I'm just getting started. I have a couple of mods in store in the near future.

I'll definitely see you at Knott's.

Z28ZL1

Thanks. The car is definitely fun and I'm just getting started. I have a couple of mods in store in the near future.

I'll definitely see you at Knott's.

I don't know how you can mod an already "perfect" car.:cheesy:
But when you get 'er done, send pics. BTW, have heard that Roush suspension components upgrades are the best.

jk89cat

we have installed 4 400 horse kits and 2 or 3 500 horse kits at my shop the 400 does not void your warranty. rather easy no issues. btw keep in mind abuse is NEVER covered!

J.Bart

jk89cat,
are those all 07's?
how many people waiting for the 08 s/c