• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

The GT/CS REGISTRY Photo Scrapbook!

P

PNewitt

I felt it was about time to get some real excitement going, and post some of the hundreds of photos from the GT/CS REGISTRY!

I've been taking photos for over 25 years, and as a prequel to the upcoming book, I wanted to share with you some of them.

Here is the first set: It's about 1993, Knott's Berry Farm Fabulous Fords show. There were a LOT of GT/CS cars there, about 7 or 8, including my own.

One of these cars looks kinda familiar...is it Cal Gals red one?

Paul N.

Attachments

• pmngtcs1.jpg
    pmngtcs1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 54
  • pmngtcs2.jpg
    pmngtcs2.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Here are two more photos.

The first one (3#) is in Sacramento, at the Mustang 25th Anniversary event at Cal Expo, in 1990.

The second one (#4), is a VMOA car show at the Pruneyard Shopping Center in San Jose, CA., about 1990. This was well attended, and I invited Lee Grey (the 1968-era Sales Mgr. for Ford in Los Angeles--the "father" of the GT/CS), who attended, and was very impressed to see these cars, and know how they remained so popular after all those years!

More to follow--so stay tuned!!

Paul N.
(all photos, copyright 2007 by Paul M. Newitt)

Attachments

• pmngtcs3.jpg
    pmngtcs3.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 41
  • pmngtcs4.jpg
    pmngtcs4.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Here's a photo of Craig Zelinski, who was one of two persons (Mike Dobbins being the other) that independently were working on GT/CS Registries at that time. Craig began his in 1984-1987, when I asked to combine both to begin my own. Quite a few GT/CS cars in the original registry were due to the hard work of both Craig and Mike.

Here Craig is with his Tahoe Turquoise GT/CS, taken in 1987 (almost 20 years ago! (where has all the time gone!?)

Paul N.

Attachments

• pmncs7.jpg
    pmncs7.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Two more photos....

The car show is one put on by the Nor-Cal Shelby Club (Northern California SAAC); at Sears Point. This is about 1992. Three GT/CSs arrived, and were parked together. A beautiful day, watching the vintage Shelby racers on the track (and gorging on tailgating BBQ food! LOL!)

The Candyapple Red GT/CS is a concours-restored, major award winner, restored by Judy and Garry Jacobs. It's featured in my 1996 Registry book. This car show is at Lafayette, CA. (Bay Area, Calif.), where you compete with many other marques, like Ferrari, Porsche, and Rolls Royce (this is the car show that I'll try to get Mike Jewell's freshly restored Highland Green 390 4sp. to go to).

Attachments

• pmncs8.jpg
    pmncs8.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 25
  • pmncs9.jpg
    pmncs9.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 29

somethingspecial

When is the Lafayette show Paul? I DO want to attend. I am also looking at a show in June in Concord, Ca. Mike

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Hey Mike--

If you (or anyone else) wishes to "play hardball, right out of the gate" with your GT/CS for car shows (in No. Calif.), here is a start:

http://www.paconcours.com/

I may be mistaken, but they may have stopped the Lafayette show. But--there are many others--this summer.

I'll ask around, but on this site--click on "links", and it will direct you to other clubs and contacts to get you to one of these high-end shows.

You'll note that there is a CHP link. You might think of a way to see what they might know about upcoming shows, too.

good luck!

Paul.

Diesel Donna

PNewitt said:
I felt it was about time to get some real excitement going, and post some of the hundreds of photos from the GT/CS REGISTRY!

I've been taking photos for over 25 years, and as a prequel to the upcoming book, I wanted to share with you some of them.

Here is the first set: It's about 1993, Knott's Berry Farm Fabulous Fords show. There were a LOT of GT/CS cars there, about 7 or 8, including my own.

One of these cars looks kinda familiar...is it Cal Gals red one?

Paul N.

The red one is not CalGal68's...hers is Lime Gold. Nor is it CalifGirl's, hers has the LeMan's style stripes going over the hood and last year at Knott's was the first time she had ever shown her beautiful car.