• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007+ Tempora mutantur.

frank s

Times change: Ron Davis has closed the 2007-20012 GT/CS registry and forum. The Facebook page still flourishes.

Seems a shame, a great loss to GT/CSdom. All respect and thanks to Ron, who did a fine job while he carried the considerable burden.

:sad:

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I saw his site was down the other day. I figured he was just having a temporary server issue or something. Did he announce somewhere why it's down? (I'm not on Facebook)

somethingspecial

This is bad news. Ron is a very nice man and I wish him well. While doing a Registry search on the net a few weeks ago, I saw there was another New Model Registry somewhere in the Midwest. I wonder if this was started as a result of Ron shutting down, or the reason for it. I hope Ron chimes in here. If not, Good luck Ron and keep in touch.

OP
OP
frank s

frank s

This is what Sandy Davis posted on FaceBook, on January 11:

Ron has decided to close the GT/CS Registry site for he has no time to work on it anymore. Work has been keeping him really busy. He thanks all that have donated to the site and for being members here. We will still have the FB page for our GT/CS Mustang family, but there is no more Registry. He may change his mind later on and reopen it as he still has all the data, but for now he just needs to take a break from it. Thanks, Sandy & Ron Davis

Sandy is the host on the GT/CS FaceBook page.

bztz4m

Ford had an issue with some web content on my site. So basically I decided that I have had enough and removed the site completely. John Clor from Ford asked me to call him about the problem and wanted me to restore the site but right now I am just not frame of mind to do so now. He asked me if I wanted to sell my site but after 4 1/2 years of work into it I just don't think I want to do that yet. I am still gathering information and I have over 14,000 S197 GT/CS documented in my database and quite a few more to enter in the database. I am just taking my time and updating my database when I feel like doing so. I completed my search for 2009, 2011 & 2012 GT/CS's and now working on 2008 which may take several months to find and update the database. I hope by the end of this year I will have 2007 - 2012 completed. Who know I may restore the site but it would be a VERY scaled down verision vs the old site. At this point anything is still possible.

Ron

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Looks like Ron got things sorted with Ford and the site is back up now.

And Frank, you're not allowed to name threads anymore. "Tempora mutantur"? Really? I had a heck of a time finding this thread again! :wink:

OP
OP
frank s

frank s

Looks like Ron got things sorted with Ford and the site is back up now.

And Frank, you're not allowed to name threads anymore. "Tempora mutantur"? Really? I had a heck of a time finding this thread again! :wink:

Mea culpa.