• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Tail light bezel(metal frame)

erselt

I noticed on my car and other CS's that the metal frame bezel on the tail light is chrome with black trim. I saw an unrestored CS and noticed their bezel was ALL chrome (no black trim). Which is correct? Was the all chrome model just made for the Shelby and our car vs. the '65 T-bird?

OP
OP
E

erselt

The image is of the ALL chrome bezel taillight piece but it doesn't say if all chrome is correct or black/chrome is.
Hmmm

68sunlitgold

erselt,
the taillight bezels should be all chrome NO black should be on the bezel. What happened is Ford discontinued making the bezels without chrome, but continued making the T-bird bezels that had the black around the edge. Use OOO steal wool and take it off.
Doug

darb

The GT/CS was equipped with an ALL Chrome Bezel . I know that some repro places do have the original all chrome bezels, or you can just remove the black on the one you have.

-Brad