• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Swedish GT/CS

Diesel Donna

Here I go again...looking in boxes of stuff I have saved. This time it was a magazine called NOSTALGIA. I had taken my Dad to a place that repaired and sold vintage Indian motorcycles and he was looking for parts for his 1947 Chief.
On the counter was this magazine.
On the cover is a 47 Indian and it is being compared with a Kawasaki Drifter.
Also on the cover is a 64 1/2 red Mustang convertible. I start looking through the magazine and find the coolest cars, bikes, vintage wood boats, etc. They have a feature story about 64 1/2 to 66 Mustangs. At the back of the magazine are many pages of autos and parts for sale.
And there it is! A California Special! Pictured in the snow is a Lime Gold with black stripes CS. The ad says:

Mycket ovanlig Mustang. Tillverkad i bagransad upplaga. Absolut rostfri Californiabil i ett fint bruksskick. Original AC m.m. Bilen ar gronmetallic med gron inredning. Nya dack nytt innertak och ny golvmatta, nytt avgassystem. Nu finns chansen att bli agare till denna ovanliga Mustang.
Pris: 95,000 kr eller bud
Call Lars

I can figure out most of it with my limited Swedish, but I wish the VIN was included!
This was a 1999 issue of the magazine. I wonder where this car is now?

~~~~Donna

P

PNewitt

What a meatball.

Here I go again...looking in boxes of stuff I have saved. .....The ad says:

Mycket ovanlig Mustang. Tillverkad i bagransad upplaga. Absolut rostfri Californiabil i ett fint bruksskick. Original AC m.m. Bilen ar gronmetallic med gron inredning. Nya dack nytt innertak och ny golvmatta, nytt avgassystem. Nu finns chansen att bli agare till denna ovanliga Mustang.
Pris: 95,000 kr eller bud
Call Lars
~~~~Donna

Well??? WELL??? Did you call Lars?? GEEZZ!! I bet if you took that magazine to the nearest IKEA, you'd get a translation.

So...you're part Swedish? Kewl! I need my golvmatta fixed, and maybe you can get a look at it?? YAA?? and I need some Nu Finns, too.

(I actually have two registered GT/CSs in Sweden! Wanna go??)

--Absolut Paulski.

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

I actually have a Swedish translation book and a website where I can translate, but I figured out enough from what ol' Lars said. That ad was in 1999...just wondering if one of the cars you have registered in Sweden is this one?
Wow, I've never been called a meatball before. Just say NO to Lutefisk! (barf)

The Svenska Flicka is ready to go!