• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Summer Gas Prices Could Reach $4

GT/CS S Code

Gas is up again today!

Well, the latest price at the pumps this morning here in Western Canada is now $1.34 per litre for Regular gas, or about $5.32 per US gallon. I didn't check our favorite Chevron station for their price on the Super Premium 94 octane we run in our 390 4V, but it will likely run about $1.50 a litre now, or about $6.00 per US gallon. Rumour has it that we'll be paying over $1.50 per litre for Regular up here in Canada by this summer, and it could even be higher than that later in the fall.
We're really looking forward to driving down to the Northwest Mustang Roundup in Washington in July just so that we can buy some cheaper gas!
:wink:

Doug

I filled up the tank on my 390 yesterday as well; in S. CA - my choices for 91 octane were, $4.29, $4.25, $4.32.and the car wash was selling gas at $4.59. It cost me $50 to fill the tank. Last week when I was filling the Landcrusier the pump stopped at $75.00; and it was still not totally filled. Thank goodness that we have a Prius as well it only took $26 to fill and gets 43+ MPG.

GT/CS S Code

Victoria gas is the highest priced in Canada right now!

Victoria had the dubious honour of having the highest priced gas in Canada as of yesterday.
This article was posted in our local newpaper this morning ....
:sad:

Attachments

• Victoria gas article0002.JPG
    Victoria gas article0002.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

I need gas and the prices are up again around here.
Looks like tomorrow will be the first time I pay over $4 for tank of gas since my Passat uses Premium.

(How come we don't call it Hi-Test anymore? Does anyone else remember Super/Premium referred to as Hi-test?)

Today I filled up my Expedition and 2 small gas cans for my lawn tractor ... the pump stopped on it's own at $100 ... ugh :mad:

Midnight Special

I need gas and the prices are up again around here.
Looks like tomorrow will be the first time I pay over $4 for tank of gas since my Passat uses Premium.

(How come we don't call it Hi-Test anymore? Does anyone else remember Super/Premium referred to as Hi-test?)

...Yes; and I also remember my mother pulling into the gas stations in our '63 Olds Dynamic 88 station wagon saying; "Fill 'er with Ethyl" ;-)

When I was working in service stations during high school, it seemed the senior citizens called it "High-test" and the rest; Supreme. But gone are the service stations as well. By the way; Premium was $4.19 yesterday when I topped off the 390...

rvrtrash

How many remember putting $5.00 worth of Shell 101 Octane premium in their tanks so they could cruise the ave. Fri. night and have enough to race at the track on Sat?

Steve (Old enough to know better, young enough to try it anyway :grin: )

Brett08

gas prices

Well my 08 is driven 3 to 4 times a week never to work!! Too many idiots that dont know how to park!!My wife and i limit trips to 1 to 1 1/2 hrs..Ill be selling my 69 f100 this summer, my ranger stx wlift kit 31 in tires is my drive to work go get beer rig..:grin: so gas has affected me so the 69 is going!!!My wife has the family 07 focus, so she drives me around on long family trips i luv it!!!::cheesy: but i can no longer afford to maintain 4 cars...but i did get my 08 up to 100 mph last nite racing a acura uphill, yep i won!!! normally i dont drive like that but something hit me inside after 7 12 hr wrkdays!!!::icon_ecst :icon_pani ....

GT/CS S Code

Gas is up again in Victoria ...

Our gas here in Victoria just went up again and is running at $1.37 per litre, which equates to about $5.50 per US gallon.
Speculation is that by mid summer we'll be paying about $2.00 per litre or MORE .... and that is for Regular gas, not Premium.
Right now at Chevron the 94 octane Super Premium we run in our "S" code 390 is running about $1.60 per litre, or about $6.40 per US gallon.
:eek:
Don't like it much, but we won't stop driving this car, especially for the small amount of use it actually does get. It's strictly a "Show and Shine" and "Weekend Warrior" car, not a daily driver. I agree with the comment above, I'd be too scared to leave it parked in a local mall parking lot with all of the "Door Slammers" and "Paint Scratchers" that are out there these days!

GT/CS S Code

More fuel price cartoons ...

Here are a few more ....

Attachments

• Cars to feed.jpg
    Cars to feed.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Fill her up.jpg
    Fill her up.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 30
  • fuel gauge.jpg
    fuel gauge.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Gouging.jpg
    Gouging.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Park bench.jpg
    Park bench.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Police sketch.jpg
    Police sketch.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Sheep.jpg
    Sheep.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Tax Refund.jpg
    Tax Refund.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 25

PonyGal

These were sent to me by a co-worker today.

Attachments

• Gas Hold-up.jpg
    Gas Hold-up.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Gas Registry.gif
    Gas Registry.gif
    42.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Buy a Bike.jpg
    Buy a Bike.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 27

GT/CS S Code

New price yesterday ....

Well, it's up once again, and now Regular at the pumps up here in Victoria, B.C., Canada is running at $139.9 per litre. That equates to about $5.60 US a gallon equivalent!
Super Premium (94 octane), which we run in our "S" code 390 4V, is now running about $1.60 per litre, or about $6.40 US per gallon.
Can't wait to try out some of your cheaper gas on the road trip to Bellevue, Washington in July for the Northwest Mustang Roundup .....
The general feeling up here is that we could be looking at about $2.00 per litre Canadian by sometime this summer. That's about $8.00 US per gallon.

GT/CS S Code

They "slammed" us again today up here in Canada ...

Well, as of this morning the price of gas up here in Victoria hit $1.47 per litre, or the equivalent of about $5.88 US per gallon for Regular grade .....
Ouch!
:mad:
Traditionally, gas prices go up every holiday weekend, so by the upcoming July holiday I suspect we'll be paying between $1.55 to $1.60 per litre.
I'll keep you posted .....