• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Stripes Paint Or Decals

Ruppstang

The GT-CS stripes were Vinyl as were the GT stripes. The accent stripe was paint.
Marty

OP
OP
BigJim

BigJim

What are "accent stripes"? Our car has the stripe down the side with GT/CS on the scoops and a stripe around the back or underside of the rear spoiler.

Ruppstang

Jim the accent stripe was Ford's term for pen stripe. Here is a picture of our HCS with a accent stripe. Marty

Attachments

• 001_crop.jpg
    001_crop.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 83
OP
OP
BigJim

BigJim

Was the accent stripe and option, or did all cars have them?

Ruppstang

It was a option. I recall it cost $13.90. When I got our car it had been repainted with out the accent stripe. I was not sure if I would put it back on. I finely decided to put it on and I am glad I did. Marty

hicountrybob

It was a option. I recall it cost $13.90. When I got our car it had been repainted with out the accent stripe. I was not sure if I would put it back on. I finely decided to put it on and I am glad I did. Marty
Right on, Marti. Your HCS had original paint and the accent stripe on it when we bought it years ago from the original girl owner. Bob here.

rvrtrash

Hey Marty, can you post a straight on side shot of your car? Mine is supposed to have the accent stripe as well and I'm thinking I'm going to go ahead and put it back on. I'd like a visual for the paint guy. Thanks.

Steve

Ruppstang

Hey Marty, can you post a straight on side shot of your car? Mine is supposed to have the accent stripe as well and I'm thinking I'm going to go ahead and put it back on. I'd like a visual for the paint guy. Thanks.

Steve

Here is one that is not too bad. If you need a better shot let me know. This picture from the 68 show room broacher shows the front start point nicely. This one from this forum shows a original GT-CS accent stripe termination. Marty

Attachments

• 2012 Fall Mustang Pictures 015_crop.jpg
    2012 Fall Mustang Pictures 015_crop.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Accent Stripe 001_crop.jpg
    Accent Stripe 001_crop.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Original GT- CS accent stripe rear termination.jpg
    Original GT- CS accent stripe rear termination.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

rvrtrash

Thanks. It looks like your accent stripe stops at the 1/4 extension. I was wondering if it was supposed to go up to the point of the spoiler or continue down the extension. I'm surprised it stops where it does.

Steve