• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Strange Things Happen

franklinair

Today, while I was working on my '68 convertible a gentleman walked thru our shop area (looking at airplanes), saw me working & struck up a conversation. Asking about the car, etc., I described what-all I was doing, and before I new it, he asked about buying it! Asked if I would have it done by Christmas, and I said I'd probably have it done next month. Long story short, he offered me $25K when its ready!! Holy Smokers! (Now I'll have to go shopping for anothe C/S.):cool:

Neil

Midnight Special

Neil. I had the same thing happen at a gas station about three weeks ago. A guy walked up and practically demanded I sell him my Highland Green 'S' for $35K. As that was what I paid for it, I hesitated... He said he wanted to convert it to a 4-spd. and basically hot rod it. He then became real interested in my black one, but I explained it was one of my favorites, so he offered me $30K! I told him I wasn't ready to part w/ it yet and long story short; he said "call me when you are".

Prices have since come down (as you know), but I did tell him about the "Sacramento" S-code for $25K that Eric is selling...

I really don't think it's all that strange. When I look at all the attention, accolades & gestures I receive daily and the fact that there are darn few (64-73) Mustangs on the road around here; it makes perfect sense.

I drove my '04 Dodge to the dump today... 'Didn't get one lousy "look" from anybody!!!

;-)

Mosesatm

Neil. I had the same thing happen at a gas station about three weeks ago. A guy walked up and practically demanded I sell him my Highland Green 'S' for $35K. As that was what I paid for it, I hesitated... He said he wanted to convert it to a 4-spd. and basically hot rod it. He then became real interested in my black one, but I explained it was one of my favorites, so he offered me $30K! I told him I wasn't ready to part w/ it yet and long story short; he said "call me when you are".

Prices have since come down (as you know), but I did tell him about the "Sacramento" S-code for $25K that Eric is selling...

I really don't think it's all that strange. When I look at all the attention, accolades & gestures I receive daily and the fact that there are darn few (64-73) Mustangs on the road around here; it makes perfect sense.

I drove my '04 Dodge to the dump today... 'Didn't get one lousy "look" from anybody!!!

;-)

Wow, that seems a little extreme!

Did you take it to a repair shop first to see if it could be fixed, or even consider donating it to charity?:wink:

classicsguy

Today, while I was working on my '68 convertible a gentleman walked thru our shop area (looking at airplanes), saw me working & struck up a conversation. Asking about the car, etc., I described what-all I was doing, and before I new it, he asked about buying it! Asked if I would have it done by Christmas, and I said I'd probably have it done next month. Long story short, he offered me $25K when its ready!! Holy Smokers! (Now I'll have to go shopping for anothe C/S.):cool:

Neil

Hi Neil!! Did he offered to buy the convertible or the GT/CS?

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

The offer was for my convert. I'm nowhere near ready to part with my C/S, let alone for $25K!

Neil