• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Steering Column Wiring

Ersel66

Decided to tackle this...
58929176.jpg

robert campbell

While you have the steering wheel off, drop your instument cluster and replace all the dash light bulbs. It is so much easier with the steering wheel off! And if you don't, one will burn out immediately just to piss you off!

Kinda like washing a car and sudden rain showers......

Rob

Ersel66

Wouldn't you know...I went to replace the old turn signal switch and installed everything and I quickly realized there were 12 wires vs. the 10 my original plug had. I assume I have the wrong part?! :mad:

rvrtrash

Nope, the reproductions have two extra wires. I'm not sure what they're for, unless it's something to do with the mythical speed control option. I taped mine off.

Steve

Ersel66

Nope, the reproductions have two extra wires. I'm not sure what they're for, unless it's something to do with the mythical speed control option. I taped mine off.

Steve

Really?!:grin: Okay...I'll plug it in & screw it back down...hope it works!!

PonyGal

Rob & Steve,

After reading over this thread, I sure wish we could have gotten the Turn Signal Switch for my Special while one of you was still here!! Now I need to take it to the shop to have it done :undecided

rvrtrash

I wish we could have had it to install for you as well. You could always park it for the winter and bring it up here in the spring.

Steve

PonyGal

I wish we could have had it to install for you as well. You could always park it for the winter and bring it up here in the spring.

Steve

I don't think Tim would go for that since it is "parked" at his place right now, and he has enough cars to deal with on his own without mine being in his way! I am currently taking up one of his "prime" parking spots, and it is suppose to rain next Tuesday :undecided

Besides, I couldn't wait until spring to drive it. Our weather here allows us some flexibility for driving in the winter :smile:

robert campbell

Alright dog gone it! Do I need to fly down? Tim is a talented guy. Easiest done with the driver seat out.

Hate to volunteer you Tim!! "Help me obie one kenobi" "You are our only hope"!

Rob

PonyGal

Alright dog gone it! Do I need to fly down? "Help me obie one kenobi" "You are our only hope"! Rob

Rob, you know you are always welcome!! Bring Val with you next time!!!!

Tim has told me that he knows a shop that can install the turn signal switch for me. I just hope it comes in soon (Clubpro???). I have looked at how to do it myself, and it doesn't seem that hard if you have the right tools and the patience, but I would rather leave it to someone who knows what they are doing rather than find myself in over my head!

So Rob, what do the flights look like right now???? (just joking)