• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Sometimes it is the little things...

dalorzo_f

Went to install the e-brake. Cable too short... WTF??? After the odd exhaust issue thought the pony put on weight while sitting during the "paint job"! :wink:

After a bunch of fiddling under the car, measured up off the GT S code ... the cable from the handle on the GTCS is too short... weird....

After more measuring and looking came to find the little bracket on the firewall was installed backwards.

One small step closer to the road.

Last edited:

Ruppstang

It drives you crazy till you figure out stuff like that and then it feels so good when it is solved. Been there many times. You have to be a little stubborn to put one of these cars together, a lot of people quit.
Marty

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Yes, an hour to reverse a part with two screws... But as you note a good feeling (other than knowing you goofed up the first time!) to get one more item off the punchlist!

robert campbell

It drives you crazy till you figure out stuff like that and then it feels so good when it is solved. Been there many times. You have to be a little stubborn to put one of these cars together, a lot of people quit.
Marty

Stubborn?? How about a masochist to work on these things!!! Sometimes you just want to stick a screwdriver in your ear. And not a stubby one....

Rob

Mosesatm

I know exactly what you mean.

Attachments

• Tin Snips in Wall.jpg
    Tin Snips in Wall.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Yes, have had that urge (I lean more to a thrower like Mosesatm than a stabber like Rob! :wink:) in these final weeks of trying to get the GTCS back together after the "paint job"...

The newest little "fun event" yesterday ate attempted start up was no fuel.... turns out the front line is somehow completely blocked, so now removing the entire line and replacing with new... probably should have done it anyway, but way back when it was pulled, compressed air run thru, seemed fine... guess air and internal corrosion in the humid Brisbane environment took their toll... and then the master cylinder packed it in and refused to flow to the rears, so pulled and bench bled, again...

On the bright side I have two more little jobs to keep me busy next weekend! :tongue:

azbeneman

Marty

+1 on that quote. I am about 3 weeks away from being done with my restoration. I am much more patient with things this time around even though I am working against a car show dead line. Having friends who know more than i do has helped a lot too!