• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Slightly off topic.....8 month project almost done pictures inside

390cs68rcode

First time I have driven this car home in 8 months. There are some bugs to work out but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

motor is a 347 stroker with forged crank, pistons and connecting rods. Motor is putting out about 420 HP. Be Cool radiator, power disk brakes, power steering, AC (compressor will be changed soon).

Suspension is front coil overs. Rear is a Currie 9 inch with TCI automatic overdrive transmission. B&M shifter (still getting used to this). Some kind of new 3 inch exhaust, can't remember the name.

oh, yeah and 200 HP shot of nitrous just for a little icing on the cake.

here are some first shots:

66motor.jpg

66motor1.jpg

66motor2.jpg

66motor3.jpg

66motor4.jpg

66motor5.jpg

66motor6.jpg

66motor7.jpg

66motor8.jpg

66motor9.jpg

66motor10.jpg

66motor11.jpg

66motor12.jpg

joedls

Re:Slightly off topic.....8 month projext almost done pictures inside

Very cool car!!!! I hope mine turns out to be nearly as nice.

Sarge

Yeah, now THAT's what I'm talkin' about!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Very nice job, and I'll bet it is a blast to drive! Good Job.

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

[quote author=meadowsdk28 link=board=1;threadid=1811;start=0#msg11690 date=1119017997]
Gotta love that license plate!!
[/quote]

My Mercedes says JODIRT ;D

If you see my haircut you would understand.

Mustanglvr

200 horsepower of nitrous. That seems like alot. Sure the engine can handle that much?

Rhonda

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

[quote author=Mustanglvr link=board=1;threadid=1811;start=0#msg11694 date=1119019518]
200 horsepower of nitrous. That seems like alot. Sure the engine can handle that much?

Rhonda
[/quote]

yes, the forged pistons, crank and connecting rods are made for that. non forged pistons, crank and rods would pretty much grenade if a 200 shot was thrown at them.

davidathans

Now that you've got your motor built & installed are you going to make a few quarter mile passes just to see what she can do? If you do...make some with and some without squeezing to see the difference and let me know :) When we built my 347 stroker i went all forged as well in hopes of a future addition of Nos, im curious to see what kind of a difference it can make in terms of E.T. & speed.

Which carb is that? and which intake manifold?

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

I am running a automatic overdrive transmission so ET's might not be as good as a stick car. Carb is a Demon 600CFM (pretty sure it is 600 cfm) and some kind of Edlebrock intake.

On a side note this morning I was going to the mustang parts house in town and was getting on it and at about 60mph the rear end kicked way out to the side so I backed off ( I thought the nitrous kicked in somehow even though it was off). As I backed off I heard what sounded like a washer rolling down the street behind me (I could also see it in the rear view mirror). pulled over and notice a 200 ft long large trail of coolant. So what do you think happened?

freeze plug popped out

hookedtrout

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1811;start=0#msg11722 date=1119121505]

freeze plug popped out
[/quote]

I had a similar thing happen on and inboard/outboard 18 foot Glastron Ski boat. Only difference is there isn't any coolant it draws the lake water for coolant. I noticed the problem when a the kid I took with me asked if it was normal to have water coming up on the floor from the engine compartment. :eek: :eek: :eek: What? I lifted the cover over the engine and it was full of water, we made it to a dock and shut it down and the bilge eventually drained it off and I found the freeze plug in the bottom and tapped it back in place and away we went. Not good trying to pump all the lake into your boat.

Hook

davidathans

Want to do something to make your shifter better? I had that same quicksilver and i thought it looked a little awkward having the shift lever being so long, so i found out a change you can make to make it seem shorter. On the ball that screws onto the top, unscrew it and pop out the insert that says quicksilver, then flip it upside down and rescrew it, it will make it look way better, and its got a good feel to your grip, let me know what you think.