• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Should I include '66/'67 HCS in book?

P

PNewitt

Question:

Should I include information on the 1966 and 1967 High Country Specials in the new GT/CS Registry book? Would that "dilute" the GT/CS material? I could at least devote a page to each year, and list some VINs? If I do this, should I also do "Ski Country" and "Blue Bonnet" specials, too?

Where does it stop? Twister, etc....????
OR--should we just make a space on the internet, via a website to aknowledge the '66 and '67 HCS cars.

Just curious--what do you think???

Paul N.

(p.s. what someone should do (not me!), is a thoughtful and comprehensive book on ALL the Mustang Limited Editions)

hookedtrout

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=2278;start=0#msg15758 date=1129835406]
I say add the info, the more the merrier.
[/quote]

I'll agree with that.

Cory

case12

Is there already a registry for other limited editions? I would stick with the only the GT/CS and HCS (all versions) to keep it concise. My two cents. Casey

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

What I think I'll do is have a photo of both the '66 and '67 on the same page, only to give some background for the '68 HCS.

I need to explain why Denver got to do it. They had a "proven" sales record for limited editions from the previous two years.

Now I wonder if the idea (about June '68) was promoted by the L.A. DSO sales office, or if it was asked by the Denver DSO office. Somewhere, there was a phone call made to do this. All these FDAF guys knew each other....

Thanks--you guys answered my question.

Paul N.

6t8-390gt

Paul,
I think you should include the 66 and 67"s. I also think the other known "specials" for 68 should at least be mentioned in the book ie. the Cardinal Special for Virginia and North Carolina dealers, the Gold Nugget Special, Canadian Spring promotin(listed in Mustang by the Numbers, by Kevin Marti).

I also have a Marti report on a vehicle I used to own that lists the Order Type as "Local Promotion" which was sold in New Jersey. I have not researched it though. So, I know other areas had local promotions

Basically, you could say Ford and Ford Dealers offered special local promotions, but "California Made It Happen" by being the only market large enough to support factory modifications, and the HCS was able to participate through the CS promotion. You could probebly do a whole chapter if you really wanted to.

Thanks for allowing us to have input on your new book, I am looking forward to buying it.