• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

sheetmetal

highballer

Hello all, looking for a good sheetmetal supplier for a 68CS(quarters,floors etc.) has anyone found a particular brand to fit better.:smile:

Perkchiro

I used NPD for the lower rear quarters and trunk drop downs. I used Missouri Mustang (local) for a fender and door. I can tell you from my experience that most sheet metal is reproduced by Asian manufacturers and proper body panel fit can be a challenge. During my restoration, I returned a fender and purchased a "Ford Tooling" fender and it fit much better. When you can, I would suggest "Ford Tooling". It's more expensive, but well worth it in the long run.

PFSlim

I agree with Perk. It is worth the extra money to save the time in "transforming" the fender or rear quarter to the car. For our restoration, our rear quarters came from NPD as well. Our front fenders and doors came from a local mustang shop. This was nice since he allows us to take 4-6 fenders per side and 4-6 doors until we found a pair of fenders and doors that matched well. Then we returned what we did not use.

Paul