• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 seatbelt mounting points for 3point harness

vman

Hi. Just wondering if anyone has a photo that they can post that shows where the mounting point for the upper part of a 3 point harness. I currently have lap sash type belts and for safty reasons would like to replace them with a 3 point harness. I am not sure if the 68 come standard with a roof mounting point or not.
Thanks for the help.

Northern Pony

vman;
1968's definitely have a roof mount for seat belts, sorry I don't have a picture, but I would think you could find it by feeling around. The belts for 68 were not three point harness as I would call it, but two distinct belts, one lap belt and one shoulder belt.
BoB

Mosesatm

Here are a couple photos that may help. The second one shows the approximate bolt location under the cover.

Attachments

• Seat Belt Horizontal.jpg
    Seat Belt Horizontal.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Seat Belt Vertical.jpg
    Seat Belt Vertical.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 31