• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Scoop Stripes

case12

Does it ever happen to you? I look at my stripes, and then the GT/CS stripe on the scope, and depending on the angle, the one's on the scoop look crooked. I have already redone one side and its looks a little better (again, depending on the angle). Some of your cars in the gallery look straight as an arrow. Is it just me?....should I keep trying?....or is it just how you look at them? Casey

P

PNewitt

Do you mean that the stripe on the scoop is crooked--or the whole scoop is crooked?

There is about 1/8" "play" in adjusting the angle of the scoop by the two screws, but for the most part, it should seat right in place.

This crooked stripe thing is common on scoops, from my experience.

Paul N.

Mustanglvr

I think its usually all in the angle for which you are looking at it.

Mosesatm

Casey, if you have a laser level you might want to try setting it up so it runs the length of the stripe. That should tell you real quick if it's crooked. The laser light will even wrap around the scoop to give a true level line. A string will work almost as well. Have one person hold the string at the front fender and another person hold the other end at the back of the scoop. You should then be able to stand back and see if the stripes run along the string.

PFSlim

Casey

Arlie is correct. When we installed our stripes, I used Paul N. measurements from book. Then I used a chalk line and snapped a straight line. Next, we put thin masking tape down the chalk line and removed chalk line with soapy water. Then, we applied the stripe. It worked well. We did not think about or have access to a laser, as Arlie mentioned.

However, I do think that being said, you can stand back and feel like the stripe dips to much to the rear or does not appear straight. I think the best we can do is satisfy ourselves that it is as straight as we can make it and go with it.

Paul

PB gtcs

Casey,

I think it may be just a visual thing. The top Cobra shops actually "adjust" the width of the stripes to make them "appear" straight. I am not an artist, but it has to do with Perspective. So, if our stripes are exactly the same width the entire length of the car, they may "appear" not straight but actually be ok.

Brain

6cylHCS

Now I recall reading somewhere that on the HCS cars the stripe and badge was put on by the dealership and where some times off. I dont know about the CS car.

68sunlitgold

I believe you are correct on the HCS stripes, look at Jon's (the provider of this sites) car, his stripes are at a slant. I think they were sent without anything on the scoops because the "HCS badge" had not been completed at the time of shipping. The badge was made by a local Colorado printer (Highcountry Bob found the company to make replacements).

The GT/CS stripes were factory installed.

Doug