• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Saw this in Napa, CA

68sunlitgold

I was driving in Napa, CA on Thursday and saw this CS at a body shop. Stopped to take a picture and get the VIN #8R01J141567, it does not look like it is in the registry. It is an early car with the built in rear reflectors, 302, GT wheels and rear exhaust cut outs, and A/C (that's all I could make out). It looked like they were doing some work on the driver side ofthe car along with the front end. Don't know if it is real but it had all the correct pieces, to include grille w/brackets, hoodlock placement and retainers and the driver side scoop was off and the attachment holes where all in the right place. Even with the repairs being made the car was very well restored, even the inside. Note the stickers on the window...SAAC, MCA, and GT/CS. Anyone know who owns it?

Doug

Attachments

• 20150312_112136.jpg
    20150312_112136.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

CougarCJ

Robert Whiteman is the owner of record in the latest registry. Listed as a C code in my copy. Mine is incorrectly listed as a C code too, but it is a J code.

clubpro

Yes it is in the registry and Mike Jewell has the Marti on the car. Gulf Stream Aqua with standard aqua interior. 302 w/C-4 and a 3.00:1 rear end. Built Feb. 13.

Cheers,

Ron

J_Speegle

Looks like it was likely sold by the insurance company at the salvage (auto wreckers) auto auction by the sheet of paper and the run number posted in the windshield opening.

Real typical for northern Cal. Surprised a couple of yards didn't get this but someone must have bid more thinking they could get more out of it in the end

Wonder if its still clear or has a salvage title

Edward Bodoh

Oh oh

I haven't seen Bob or his car in a couple years, but he is in the same club as I am. Golden hills mustang club. And he was also involved with the Napa valley cruisers. If I remember correctly from talking with him his car was one of the 1st 100. Not sure if the vin reflects that though. Original owner and restored a few years back to concourse. His car was an inspiration to me when I still owned my Ivy car. Was very clean and of course he took good care of it. When I first saw this post I figured no way that could be his, maybe something happened to the car or to him. Heaven forbid. But as far as I know and seen there are 2 cs cars in Napa. His and another Ivy car. I'm going to reach out to someone who would know more about this. Too bad about the car though, hope Mr. Whiteman is ok.

IVY rEd here.

P.S. The car is in the CS latest book with pictures.

franklinair

From the single photo it looks fixable, unless there's some unseen/hidden damage.

Neil

Edward Bodoh

Unfortunately Bob's car was victim of the quake Napa city had last year. Other than that He and the car are both good. The sighting was where it's getting repaired.

IVY rED.

azbeneman

This topic got me thinking, I met a guy at the Mustang 50th Birthday show in Las Vegas who said he was from the Napa area. I don't remember his name.

Below is a link to the photo I took of his car. He said it was ordered by the Ford Northern CA district sales office for their Sales Mgr to use. It was a fully loaded J Code car. I even think it had cruise control and a rear defroster. He had owned the car for 20 or 30 years and restored it. The car was in beautiful condition. Does anyone know this car......

IMG_20140419_140717925_HDR.jpg.html

Edward Bodoh

Yes I've talked to the owner a few times, and he was parked with us at the 50th. Don't recall his name or cars vin. But it was a highly optioned cs, including original tilt steering column. Very rare. I was mistaken, as he is also from Napa California Making his car the 3rd I know of in Napa. I have a few pics of him with his car as well. Usually run into him a couple times a year at local shows. Next time I'll ask if he is registered here.

ED.