• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Royal Maroon Canadian GT\CS

Duker

Duker

Pretty clean dealer owned Royal Canadian Mustang.....

http://tinyurl.com/23lz28

Hi Happy Hour and Boadway Blue

I am the new owner of the Royal Maroon 68 GT/CS in Canada.
I turned 50 this year and my wife finally told me "Just do it".
I have only seen one GT/CS when I was about 16 and then I saw "Royal Maroon"
They say "Life starts at 50". From what I have read there were only 155 shipped to Canada but this one was shipped up 12 years ago by the past owner:icon_ecst

Last edited:

BroadwayBlue

Welcome Duker!

Congrats on your purchase and milestone :cool:

Great looking car and color. If I had to paint my color other than Acapulco Blue I think Royal Maroon would be the next choice.

Lot's of good info and people here on this site.

Make sure to get your info to Paul N ASAP for the registry. There is a thread near the top about the registry info and Paul's contact info.

Duker

Thank you all

I am sending my info to Paul today.

I am not good at the computer I am fumbling my way through the website. I would like to show you pictures of the car, especially the undercarrage. The car has never seen rain! The factory original undercoating is still there. All the original factory welds are in place and secure. The original spare tire and jack that is wrapped in an old California newspaper to keep it from dirtying the trunk mat. It was professionally painted just when it came to Canada 12 years ago. Clock does not work and the Air needs filling, everything engages just no gas.

Big question: Who or what is regulating the prices on the California Specials in the United States? I have been to 2 cruise nights up here and so far because the car is so rare, I know the Market Value for the 68 GT/CS could be even higher than I expected.

Don't get me wrong "Royal Maroon", that's what I call her, is my baby and it will stay that way.

When I figure everything out on the website, the story behind me finding "Royal Maroon" is very interesting.

Cheers to all

Last edited:

franklinair

Really nice looking car. Hope you enjoy it for a long time. I'm sure we'd all like to see more photos. I'm a relative newcomer to this site (I've had my first & only C/S for 6 months +/-) and I can't believe the info available from so many nice folks. POI: undercoating was a dealer option, not a factory option. Some folks love it, some folks hate it. It all comes down to personal preference. Your car is a beauty. I don't know (and can't figure out) how values & prices are determined. I know there is a source for posted values based on condition, but I've seen too much market variation in value/pricing to believe there is a set value based on condition, options, etc. It seems to be dependant on curb appeal (condition, color, options) biased by the buyer's desire & financial ability. Bottom line: our cars are worth AT LEAST what we pay for them, and AT THE MOST what a buyer is willing to pay, regardless of posted values. It's late, and I've rambled enough! Enjoy your car.
Neil Hoppe

Duker

Duker here

Thank you Neil and you many happy days.

I am trying to figure out how to put the pictures on the website. My son will have to do it. The undercoating I am talking about is clear and a little sticky> I was told that if the car was to go through car washes, drive in the heavy rain ect it would gradually wear off and corrosion would start. You can still see the metal underneath and parts that were dip coated by Ford then put on the car. I sent pictures to Mr Bob Teets through e mail I am okay with that:grin:

Cheers

Canuck CSter

Hey Duker,

Welcome to the site, can always use another canuck around here, hope yer not a leaf fan.

If you are, least you have taste in cars..

You'll find this group very knowledgeable and passionate about our cars, from this thread I'm sure you'll fit in fine..

As you'll find out above 49 Th, people will talk of CS's but not many have seen'em. Your one of the lucky ones.

Be prepared to asked if this flared out bondo wagon or that 66 with rivetted add ons and the Quebec plate are true CS's. Cuz you by ownership will be expected to be an expert...

Enjoy the car and the chats you'll have in the future, you find the experiance great and the money well spent....

Dale in Ottawa

Word of advice...let the wife drive it at least once...you'll understand later..

Go Sens Go

Duker

My wife doesn't want to drive the car...I have offered, I think I'm being tested. What do you think:icon_lol:

I have the last cruise night on Thursday. I am lost after that. How many of you are members of a local Mustang Car Club? I was asked to join one last week. We would be the first and only GT/CS member.:lipsseal:

Cheers from Canada Eh!:icon_lol: