• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Roof rail moldings

lnevill

Looking for a decent pair of Mustang Roof Rail Weatherstrip Channels - L & R - with mounting hardware.

Thanks,
Lee

franklinair

Probably, if you're lucky enough to have a junk yard (I call them Jewelry Stores) nearby that has a '67 or '68 would be your best bet.

Neil

x-codegtcs

Lee - In my experience, the screws are pretty rusted...they are just the self tapping pan washer head phillips head - if you want it to be good you may want to order new from NPD or another shop. There is a junk yard in N CA that has them...Since they are stainless, if they are straight, then they should be good with some cleaning/polishing. Here is their web address. Shipping will be pricey if you can't find them local.

http://www.am-mustangparts.com/

OP
OP
lnevill

lnevill

I ordered a set from Fastbackstack in Kent, Washington. I meet Lee at the Portland swap meet a few years ago and have had good luck getting non-reproduced parts from him in the past. Price is a bit high, but I was willing to pay it so it must not have been too high...

One more check off the list to get Bonnie and Clyde back on the road!

thx
lee