• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Roll call

robert campbell

Took a couple pics this morning of the new garage heater. Modine "hot dawg" 75,000 BTU's of buning natural gas from the meter! 2,000 cfm of moving air!!! Ararh Ararh Ararh as the toolman would say!! Set at 50 degees round the clock and it takes it about 15 minutes to raise to a nice toatsy 60 degrees!! Holds that temp for about 3 hours!!! Rob is in heaven!!

Kinda hung a shingle out and have been taking in some small projects for some side bucks. Chasing a bad running 302 in this Falcon. It was suffering from extreme "gas tank-itis" Fuel line was plugged and the carb was full of rusty mud.... Will fire it up today to see if it is better! Sure it isn't any worse!!

Rob

DSCN9312.jpg

DSCN9311.jpg

DSCN9313.jpg

hookedtrout

Can't wait till the day I get all my insulation done so I can entertain the idea of heat in my new shop. I work out for one hour every morning and all my exersize equipment is in the shop. It was 16 degrees this morning while working out. I guess it gives me a little motivation to keep moving but a little heat would be nice. Lost 18 lbs so far, wasn't after the weight loss just the lowering of the cholesterol but the weight loss is added benefit.

rvrtrash

Hey Rob, that's the same unit I have in my shop. Good choice!

Steve

Diesel Donna

J code, automatic, driven about 1-2 times per month. Recently my "best friend" knocked the Honda CL 360 motorcycle over into the CS and it put a pretty good scrape down the side of it. Now needs paint, but also needs AC (cuz it's freaking hot here in summer). What to do? Paint then AC or AC then paint? Funds somewhat limited, can't really do both at same time. Advice?

Robert

Sarge...the first thing you really do is kill your "best friend". That shouldn't cost very much. J/K!

joedls

My other car is a 2007 GT/CS. It has a stock engine with a Roushcharger on it. I also added a 10% OD crank pulley and a 2.57" blower pulley to increase the boost. I'm running about 8.5 PSI. I upgraded the intake to a 4" MAF housing with the stock sensor and a cold air intake (open air filter). I installed an off-road X-pipe on the exhaust. Then to keep the intake charge a little cooler when I race, I added a 35 HP shot of nitrous. I only run the nitrous at the track with 100 octane fuel. I have the stock transmission, but had to replace my clutch with a Spec 3+ after about 100 runs down the track. I also have a true trac differential with 4.10 gears. Suspension-wise, I have BMR lower control arms, LCA relocation brackets, BMR adjustable upper control arm and mount, BMR adjustable panhard bar, BMR lowering springs in the front and Cobra Jet springs in the rear. I have Steeda strut mounts, Tokico D-spec adjustable shocks and struts and a BMR A-arm support. I have a BMR rear swaybar and have the front swaybar in the garage, but I don't use it anymore. I deleted the radiator support and replaced it with a lightweigt BMR support since I don't run the swaybar anymore.

This engine is pretty maxed without beefing up the stock internals. It puts out close to 500 RWHP on the race tune with the nitrous. The rods really can't take much more without failing, so I just purchased a Boss 5.0 big bore block with all forged internals and 10.8:1 compression that should be good for just about anything I want to throw at it. I'm still weighing my options about whether to keep the Roushcharger (it's pretty much maxed) and just increase the nitrous or maybe go with a bigger supercharger or maybe even a turbo. But it should be fun when I "finish" it.

Here's the car in street trim:

Calendarsubmission2-1.jpg

vbpgimage-3.jpg

engine.jpg

Here it is at the track:

IMG_1943.jpg

Launch.jpg

IMG_1942.jpg

Last edited:

hookedtrout

Awesome pictures Joe, love the 5 spoke wheels and meaty tires on the 07, gives it a perfect look.

Midnight Special

Down goes another!...

...and yet another reminder that no matter how defensive our driving, things happen!

This time, TJ was driving his clone on one of its final sorties before the coming winter when a woman in an SUV full of young kids pulled from a blind driveway into his path. There were plenty of witnesses to compliment the police report that TJ did everything to avoid the accident.

TJ's okay, though a little "stiff necked". He was checked out by the Doc and will be fine :) No injuries in the other car either.

We're awaiting the insurance inspection on this one... His other car was totaled with the deer incident and a high "buy back" price we don't want to do. We hope to be able to salvage this one.

Attachments

• DSCN2794e.jpg
    DSCN2794e.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN2795e.jpg
    DSCN2795e.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCN2800e.jpg
    DSCN2800e.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN2801e.jpg
    DSCN2801e.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCN2815e.jpg
    DSCN2815e.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN2835e.jpg
    DSCN2835e.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 46

joedls

...and yet another reminder that no matter how defensive our driving, things happen!

This time, TJ was driving his clone on one of its final sorties before the coming winter when a woman in an SUV full of young kids pulled from a blind driveway into his path. There were plenty of witnesses to compliment the police report that TJ did everything to avoid the accident.

TJ's okay, though a little "stiff necked". He was checked out by the Doc and will be fine :) No injuries in the other car either.

We're awaiting the insurance inspection on this one... His other car was totaled with the deer incident and a high "buy back" price we don't want to do. We hope to be able to salvage this one.

Wow!! I'm glad TJ is OK, Tim. Maybe you should drive him for awhile. At least until this curse has blown over...

Midnight Special

...I can only laugh, because its been twice now that I've rolled up on TJ to find police cars, fire trucks, ambulances, car crashes.... while remembering how he used to play with his Matchbox and Hotwheels cars with (you guessed it) "police cars, fire trucks, ambulances and car crashes"...

Glad now that I didn't get him into airplanes!!

p51

Weekend driver. Goal: Looks 1968, Drives 2008

Factory:
J-code 302-4V engine
3-speed manual, 3.00 differential
Drum brakes
AC

Upgrades:
Front disc brakes
Headrests (69 seat backs)
5-speed manual transmission, 3.40 differential
Suspension: Shelby drop w/upgraded sway bar, roller perches
EFI (TBI)
Magna-flow mufflers
LED taillights and dash lights
AM/FM radio w/MP3 input
Humphugger

Attachments

• IMG_0551_edited.jpg
    IMG_0551_edited.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 33

Ruppstang

...I can only laugh, because its been twice now that I've rolled up on TJ to find police cars, fire trucks, ambulances, car crashes.... while remembering how he used to play with his Matchbox and Hotwheels cars with (you guessed it) "police cars, fire trucks, ambulances and car crashes"...

Glad now that I didn't get him into airplanes!!

I am glad you can laugh, it makes me want to cry. It does not seem right all this happing to such a good young man as TJ. But that how life is some times and we all know that. At least he was not hurt and you had insurance.
Question is he going to be using one of your cars till his is fixed? Marty

Midnight Special

I am glad you can laugh, it makes me want to cry. It does not seem right all this happing to such a good young man as TJ. But that how life is some times and we all know that. At least he was not hurt and you had insurance.
Question is he going to be using one of your cars till his is fixed? Marty

You know it's funny, Marty, we were talking about that... Mine are insured such that he must be 25 to drive (except for the '70 Mach), so I think he's done with Mustangs for the winter. He recently bought himself a 4-Runner as well...

This makes three '68's he's wrecked... All relatively low-speed inci"dents" and none where he was at fault. We entered this hobby knowing the hazards of animals and other drivers, thus can only be grateful for the separate outcomes. On the same day as his last crash, a friend of ours lost their son to an alcohol-related high-speed ejection from a new Jeep on a freeway. I'm so glad (and proud) that TJ is not in those circles...

And like owners of so many million-dollar one-of-a-kind race planes I've seen auger into the desert, we will press on > TJ is already talking to Ron Moore (RnR Classics) about some major improvements (to include a possible Shelby KR front end ala Green Hornet) to his clone if it isn't totaled. This boy of ours has had it in his blood long before I was aware. I'm also proud of how he is managing his whole experience. This is why we don't "cry".
:)

Attachments

• tj67.jpg
    tj67.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 35