• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Repairs

robert campbell

Neil,
From my experience looking at 1st gen Mustangs it seems the older they were the more they stamped. I have seen 65/66 Mustangs with five stamps. One visible and 4 under the fender "flange" stamped in all 4 inner fender panels. I haves seen a couple with multiple "trys" on one inner panel. Practicing I guess.

Our current 67 has one visible in the normal left front inner panel and two on the right side front and back inner panel. Our 68 GT/CS has one left front and one right front, both covered.

I love walking around a car and looking at the various date codes on the sheetmetal. They tell a story about the car. Owners are surprised when you tell them within a couple weeks what date code is on there door VIN plate!

I will have to post my latest oil pump story so all can few stupidity in action....

Rob

Mark Puls

Neil,

That is some good advice!!!

I think I had my shelby rims on and off about 4 times before I noticed that fact. Luckily I'm still in the resto phase and only took trips around the block and none at high speeds.

Mark