• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Reno Air Tragedy

Powell

Just to let everyone know, I Talked to Tim and He and his group, with Renne' and T.J. are all ok. So worried about the whole situation that I had to call and check up on them and said I would let the members here know.

Ralph

robert campbell

Tim and his family must be hugely hurt in all of this. They are so close to these people. I bet Tim knows that pilot like a brother......

Rob

Midnight Special

Just to let everyone know, I Talked to Tim and He and his group, with Renne' and T.J. are all ok. So worried about the whole situation that I had to call and check up on them and said I would let the members here know.

Ralph

Ralph, Thank you SO MUCH for the call! Mike Jewell and others also checked in at a time when we really needed "family" around us! You all are truly the best!

We're back home now after spending yesterday with NTSB and media with hopes in affirming the cause. I found myself getting interviewed extensively after snapping photos just prior to the crash. Here is the CBS News story with the interview (about half way through the video). I'm also wearing my black GT/CS polo shirt ;-)

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011...aised-to-9-mechanical-failure-probed/#photo-1

I can't even begin to articulate this whole experience other than to ask for your prayers for those directly affected. Renee, TJ and the rest of our extensive Air Race family were awesome throughout the whole ordeal with their calm professionalism after the incident.

I'll post more later, but just wanted to say THANK YOU for being here.

Attachments

• DSC_0231-e.jpg
    DSC_0231-e.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC_0242-e.jpg
    DSC_0242-e.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 37

HorsePal

Tim, Renee, TJ... this was not how you expected to be spending your Sunday. This was to be the climax of a thrilling and fun week. All of us who witnessed the tragic turn of events at home, horrific as it was on our screens, cannot compare to what you experienced first hand. Just wanted to say I'm proud of you all... through the sadness and hardship, you held yourselves together and reached out to help others.

Here's one of the interviews Tim did. Have to say, love the GTCS shirt. xxoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpSqNtbNq7M

PonyGal

Ralph & Mike,

Thank you for calling that night to see if we were all okay. It has been a very sad experience...One that will take a bit of time to recover from. But, like Tim said, it felt good to have "family" around us when we needed it!

Sharon,

Thank you for thinking about us. It was hard, but we all had a job to do and we showed up on Saturday after the crash to do it. That is why we go up there, to keep everyone else safe and enjoy the experience ourselves.

Tim did not mention it, but I was running about a half hour late that day. If things would have gone the way I planned, I would have personally been in the box seats just a few feet away from the crash site!! :scared: Thank God that my mother needed me to take her to the store before I left Carson City!!!

franklinair

I am SOOO glad you all are OK. My heart was in my mouth when I heard the news, assuming you all would be at that airshow. Prayers for the injured and killed, and their families. Miss you guys.

Neil