• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Red Eleanor Convertible

Mustanglvr

The last picture shows what he started with. In my opinion, he`s an idiot for ruining such a beautiful 68 Mustang convertible.

joedls

I, for one, love the looks of this car. I'd rather have it than a plane jane Mustang convertible. I also think it would look awesome in Highland Green w/gold stripes.

Mustanglvr

joedls said:
I, for one, love the looks of this car. I'd rather have it than a plane jane Mustang convertible. I also think it would look awesome in Highland Green w/gold stripes.

Thats the point, its not a "Mustang" anymore. Why change something thats already perfect?

joedls

IMHO, it is an improved Mustang, but still a Mustang. I think they did an awesome job with their Mustang.

TheBlkPearl

Very nice car

I know a guy that built a 9 second 1966 nova - he took a lot of heat from purist for ruining a nice car just to build a drag car. So he painted on the back of it..............

"Anyone can restore one, it takes a real man to cut one up"

BroadwayBlue

Attachments

• Copy of TOP%20DN%20(2).jpg
    Copy of TOP%20DN%20(2).jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 22

Trap68

Mustanglvr said:
The last picture shows what he started with. In my opinion, he`s an idiot for ruining such a beautiful 68 Mustang convertible.

Rhonda,

I'll let my neighbor Dave know how you feel about his ruining of a 68 vert:wink:
All kidding aside, Dave is an artist when it comes to working with fiberglass and you really have to see the car in person to truely appreciate what he's done to the car. The vert was a "C" code with very few options so he didn't cut into something rare. He's doing something that he loves to do and his finished products are awesome. He's only done 1 true Eleanor; all other are variations in color and accessories.

Mustanglvr

Trap68 said:
Rhonda,

I'll let my neighbor Dave know how you feel about his ruining of a 68 vert:wink:
All kidding aside, Dave is an artist when it comes to working with fiberglass and you really have to see the car in person to truely appreciate what he's done to the car. The vert was a "C" code with very few options so he didn't cut into something rare. He's doing something that he loves to do and his finished products are awesome. He's only done 1 true Eleanor; all other are variations in color and accessories.

I really just don`t like Eleanor`s. I like original classic Mustangs.

CALIF GIRL

Someone is trying to do a scam on this car on another site..

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/9/6/85992096.htm

Here is her reply to a generic email asking about the car....It was sent to a friend of mine.....
..From: Nancy Lewis [mailto:nancy.lewis2@yahoo.com]

Hello there,

First of all I want to thank you for contact me and your interest in my car. Recently I had to move in London, United Kingdom. My ex-husband, that had a great pasion for cars, left me the car throw the divorce. Althought it is a great car, I have no use for it, I'm not into old cars and also I can't drive it here because cars from here are with the steering wheel on right ,and this it have the steering wheel on left so for me this car is useless. So please try to understand my situation. I tried to sell it here, but registering it again costs a lot since it's the U.S. model.The car is bought from US and is made for US market.The price I want to obtain for it is $5,000. It is US model with US specs and passed the US test emissions. All the manuals and the original documentation are written in eight languages. The car will be delivered from London, United Kingdom and I will take care of all shipping and insurance charges. I've made some research and the best and fastest way I can ship with is using World Cargo Express insured and it takes between 4-6 days to arrive at your door.You won't have to pay for customs or any additional taxes when it will arrive in your country. I would like to use an escrow company, EscrowEuropa (http://www.escrow-europa.com/escrow/english/index.htm) for this deal because it is a large purchase and I want a smooth transaction. Also you will have 7 days to see it, test it and inspect it, and if you will not keep it, EscrowEuropa will refund you all your money.If you agree with these terms, please reply me and I will be more than glad to provide you with further information how to purchase the car asap.Looking forward your email and your Final Decision about this car.Email me ASAP if you are still very very interested in my car because now I have more buyers still interested in my car. Thank you!
Pictures: http://new.photos.yahoo.com/nancy.lewis2/album/576460762315014208#page1
Description: 1968 Mustang Convertible Pro-Touring Eleanor. Engine: 8- Cyl. Ford 428 cubic inch with try-power pack. Transmision 4-speed top loader. Chrome Shelby Big Block Shifter. Custom wheels SpeedStar with Toyo directionals tires. Interior: Custom console carbon with fiber material insert. Seats are Black Leather F-1. Exterior: Orange with Black Stripes. Body: Eleanor Kit.

With Best Regards, Nancy!