• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

rear spoiler

Does anyone know where I can buy a reproduction (cs)3 piece trunk spoiler? Ive checked everywhere and I am having trouble. thanks.

I assume you are refering to the add on spoiler and endcap kit that John's mustang used to carry. I was the supplier for the add on spoiler kit, but I stopped making it for them. It is mold on, along with mold on for a normal mustang coupe decklid, and for the endcaps. I orginally thought it would be a good idea to keep people from having to buy new decklids and endcaps, they could just use their old ones, but it didn't sell very well. People seem to favor the idea of replacing their original coupe decklid and endcaps entirely. If you have any questions, or are in need of good resources to buy the spoiler add on or entire decklids and endcaps, I will be happy to answer your questions, feel free to e-mail me at mrshelbydallas@hotmail.com

OP
OP
G

I would suggest only one source for new or replacement fiberglass. "Cobra Fiberglass" from Tony Branda Performance in Altoona, PA, is the best quality, and most accurate out there for Shelbys and the GT/CS.

You don't want to mess with an add-on spolier. That's just a nightmare.

Paul.

Actually, a add on spoiler presents the best of both worlds. You don't have the sag in the fiberglass, and you have the strength of metal.
Unlike some closed minded individuals, I know for a fact there are other parts sources just as good, if not better than Tony Branda. E-mail me at mrshelbydallas@hotmail.com and I will divulge this info.

OP
OP
G

Cobra Fiberglass has a very good reputation with not only Branda (the premier Shelby supplier), but with many professional members of SAAC. Nice stuff!! --and it fits nice, too!

I've personally seen it in person, and they take the time to get the dimentions and details right. It's beautiful stuff--and I've recommended it in my books. It's based on my experience--not a closed mind.

Every spoiler I've seen bonded to a decklid has cracked, and has tons of fix-it bondo on it. The shape and proportions of a stock decklid is different than the complete piece fiberglas decklid.

Again, my opinion and experience, only.

Paul.

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=mrshelbydallas link=board=1;threadid=702;start=0#msg3770 date=1069795627]
Unlike some closed minded individuals, I know for a fact there are other parts sources just as good, if not better than Tony Branda. E-mail me at mrshelbydallas@hotmail.com and I will divulge this info.
[/quote]

Oh come on, just say it. You think that Paul's closed minded, God why beat around the bush? Why the backhanded slap to the face? Why even feel the need to say something so rude anyways?
And then as to quality, why would you want to keep it all a secret? Just post the contact info and let us decide if it's really better or not. I would think that if your really into helping us, you'd just come right out and let us know who you think makes the best stuff.
I have no problems with you other than you seem to think that you're better than all of us for some strange reason and seem only interested in making yourself look good by cutting others down, and frankly I'm sick of it.
OTOH, I've found a guy who sells stuff on ebay who makes pretty decent fiberglass hoods. I don't know if he's making stuff for the '68 specifically, but he makes a fiberglass shelby hood with a steel frame for the '65-'66 which sounds like it's near perfect without alot of reworking to make it fit. He sells under the ebay ID of arrowbearmust if anybodies interested. You can buy direct also without the whole "Ebay" thing.

OP
OP
G

I purchased my replacement GT/CS decklid, endcaps, and side scoops from Mr. Shelbydallas. His parts fit with no problem, and hold the paint better than Branda's white tooling gelcoat. Also, they are at a much more resonable price than Branda's. He was able to answer my questions, and respond to any problem I might have. Another thing that is cool, is that he was able to perfectly replicate the underside of the decklid, unlike Branda's reproductions that are left unfinished underneath. I would recommend him for anyone wanting perfect reproduction parts.

Thanks for the compliment JAG.

66 Dearborn HCS,
You have quite a mouth on you. If Paul takes offense to anything I say, let him defend himself, he's a big boy. And if I wanted to keep my info secret, I wouldn't offer it via e-mail. I wasn't cutting anyone down, and lets try to stick to the topic from now on. ::)

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=68stangman link=board=1;threadid=702;start=0#msg3762 date=1069743158]
Does anyone know where I can buy a reproduction (cs)3 piece trunk spoiler? Ive checked everywhere and I am having trouble. thanks.
[/quote]

Stay away from Maier. Their stuff is crap and some of there stuff takes 20-40 hours to make it fit and look good. On top of the premium pricetag. You're looking at $1000+ to fit one of their hoods with good paint. Not worth it!!

I agree, stay away from Maier. A lot of companies such as Johns mustang, mustang unlimited, and a buch of others order all their glass through Maier, but none of it fits.

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=mrshelbydallas link=board=1;threadid=702;start=0#msg3775 date=1069803498]
Thanks for the compliment JAG.

66 Dearborn HCS,
You have quite a mouth on you. If Paul takes offense to anything I say, let him defend himself, he's a big boy. And if I wanted to keep my info secret, I wouldn't offer via e-mail. I wasn't cutting anyone down, and lets try to stick to the topic from now on. ::)
[/quote]

You need to take some of your advice then. As to staying on topic, cool it with the remarks. Yes he's a big boy, but I'm tired of your backhanded bullshit. As I believe many of us are. and as to the compliment form JAG, I'm not gonna listen to the voice of someone not willing to register as a member. No offense to those of you out there who just like to read. It seems to me that the only people willing to back you up are not registered here at the site, which means they could be anybody, even you making up people who don't exist, just to back you up. It's happened before and It'll happen again. But until I see actual registered members willing to actually identify themselves beyond a fake name and a "guest" beside their post, I'm not gonna listen. Especially if it sounds like a commercial for your products.
If you want to sell your stuff, give us a website to see, instead of saying "email me, I know who makes it" or out right commercials for your stuff. I bet you make great products, I just don't like your way of "advertising".
And, as to my mouth, I haven't started. And I've only used 1 foul word the whole time. I just wanted to let you know I was tired of it. It's been building up for awhile and I just thought I'd let you know.

OP
OP
G

Gosh! I appreciate the support!! ....and yes, I can defend myself. I cut my internet teeth on old AOL chat rooms years ago, so I'm pretty internet saavy if I have to be.

This is supposed to be about answering the original question posted by '68 Stangman. I have excellent resources, and I was only offering my professional opinion.

If Mr. SD wants to promote his seemingly wonderful products, then, yes, make up a website, and give details about the look and type of the products, prices, schedules, etc. Otherwise, it's an excercise in futility, and all I've seen is more ego than product talked about.

My only intent here is to answer real questions by very good people here, that need help and advice. I've always tried to be fair and honest. I'll leave the choice up to the reader, and not dictate anything (although I DO have my own opinions).

Paul.

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=mrshelbydallas link=board=1;threadid=702;start=0#msg3777 date=1069804180]
I agree, stay away from Maier. A lot of companies such as Johns mustang, mustang unlimited, and a buch of others order all their glass through Maier, but none of it fits.
[/quote]

I believe that Mustangs Plus uses Maier also. Don't quote me on that though.

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=mrshelbydallas link=board=1;threadid=702;start=0#msg3786 date=1069827485]
I am a registered user, but one missed point that PMNewitt isn't. Who could this be? It seems that you like to run your mouth before you have covered all of your bases. Cursing just exemplifies your frustration and anger, [/quote]

At least everybody knows who Paul is. And I still only used one curse word. Imagine, with my medical and military background what kind of words I could use, but choose not to. Most you probably wouldn't even know what they meant. And yes, my one curse word does exemplify my anger and frustration with you. If you use the correct definition of the word. "To show or illustrate by example". And again, my point is that the only people who have backed your product or you personally are guests with no way of tracking who they REALLY are. We all know who Paul is, both by name and reputation. He's not an unknown John Doe.

OP
OP
G

The only reason that I'm listed as a "guest" is because my registration from some time ago got messed up, and I had to restart.

I think at the rate Mr. SD is going here....that the webmaster Jon get a look at this and make some decision about your status here on these boards.

This has been a very good, and worthwhile message board for a lot of genuine and good folks really interested in the GT/CS and the HCS, and it's suddenly taken a turn like so many other boards from your poor "attitude".

I don't want to see those good people soured by how this has gone. I can't see you offering anything worthwhile, besides a lot of wasteful commentary, and challenging everyone here for whatever reason...

PMN

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=mrshelbydallas link=board=1;threadid=702;start=15#msg3789 date=1069829284]
Haha, another incorrect point. Have you ever heard that you looked smart until you opened your mouth? And I must say, I'm glad that you aren't in the medical field with this lapse of mind that you exhibit. A lot of people would end up dead because of that attitude.
[/quote]

What point was incorrect? You say I'm incorrect and then don't say how? As to the personal attack on my honor and ability. I've saved many lives both directly and indirectly. I was awarded the Humanitarian Service Medal by the Dept. of Defense for my rescue efforts on site at the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah building in OKC, OK. I currently am involved in Organ and Tissue transplantation and have the second highest record in the history of my company. Your fatuous remark just shows how hebetudinous you are. Maybe you should take time to learn about your enemy before you attack.

I also notice that you haven't had time to make up another fake person to come in as a guest to come to your rescue. Offering solemn words of wisdom about how great thou art.

As for me. My record stands on it's own. I'm a hero to those whose lives I've saved. I don't need to back that up with anything.

I not going to play games with you guys anymore, I'm here for the car, not for the attitudes. Just thought I would offer my advise on parts, sorry that offends some of you.

BrandonB

No more arguements here guys lets finish the question at hand first and if we cant finish it here take it somewhere else. (maybe a chevy forum where nothing good happens anyhow ;) )

Attachments

• wflag.jpg
    wflag.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 16