• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Can you "feel" your Rear Spoiler's Downforce?

Mustanger

Attachments

• rearspoilerforce.jpg
    rearspoilerforce.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 23
  • rearspoilerforce2.jpg
    rearspoilerforce2.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 21

robert campbell

I will say that the spoiler on my CS makes it look faster at zero mph. :cool:

Casey[/QUOTE]

so how does this work for a honda??? Think I know the answer..... zero times zero equals zero!!!!

Diesel Donna

So here is what I want to know...kind of off topic but.....how come my 3,400 some odd pound Mustang gets 13 MPG and so does my over 8,000 pound ambulance?? You would think the Mustang would get much better mileage. 289 vs 472. :::::::::puzzled look::::::::
The Caddy is kind of aerodynamic really because it has the long hood (airstrip landing) then it goes up the windshield...over a short roof and then the higher top. Should I add a spoiler to it? LMAO.

~~~~Donna

robert campbell

I would think Caddie would get a max best at 13 MPG. Your GT/CS should get 13 around town or short trips, but its max should be 19 to 20 MPG on a long trip. If your GT/CS is 13 on a long trip, I would be all over its tune and carb.

Or look behind it while I am driving to see if there is trailer behind me or a car with a rope on my bumper....

Or my e brake is full on..... Or my tires are flat.....

Diesel Donna

You have an e brake that works?? Yes, 13 is my around town mileage , I get 21 on the highway.

Midnight Special

:::::::::puzzled look::::::::
The Caddy is kind of aerodynamic really because it has the long hood (airstrip landing) then it goes up the windshield...over a short roof and then the higher top. Should I add a spoiler to it? LMAO.

~~~~Donna

...I really don't think so. Most ambulances I've seen going 100 MPH already
have the 150 to 250 pounds "downforce" loaded into the back!

robert campbell

I can leave the back window of my 428 Cobra Jet powered 57 Ford Station Wagon up. And it adjusts for varying angles for more downforce.

So when I run it at Daytona it is up in relationship to the high speeds at this track. On the short tracks I bring it down quite a bit as the speeds are not so high.....

Now when it is snowing if I get it down to far it collects snow and the draft makes my hands cold. And the negative pressure has sucked the brains right out of my head. what is left of my brains.....

And 13 MPG is max for any car I own. 7 or 8 for my 67 Fastback.

Rob

franklinair

Holy smokers!! My last '68 (289, 2BBL, C-4) gave me a steady 16MPG in the city. I drove it to work daily, not expressway roads either. MPG dropped to 14when I ran the A/C, which in Miami was quite often. Highway MPG was 18, running the A/C - I had the evaporator sensor set so low it would blow ice particles out just prior to freezing up!!
I haven't checked my C/S mileage yet, but now I'll make it a point to do so.
As far as the rear spoiler effect, I don't believe there is any aerodynamic benefit. It just looks great.
If I recall correctly, I once had it up to 65MPH. Wow, what a rush!! Good nite all.

Neil

hookedtrout

Never have really noticed the downforce on the rear spoiler. I have however felt the upforce when I pop it open. Don't want your nose out there too far or you will really feel the upforce.

Cory