• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Rear deflector question

mbsf1970

As with all my other posts, I have a question.

My car has the post feb15 reflectors on it and the gaskets between it and car are quite visible (1/8" thick) and quite cracked. The local mustang shop said he couldn't find any reference to such a part (gasket).

Is the gasket I have off a cougar? Should the gasket be tucked behind the reflector (unseen) and not as large as mine??
What are yours like?

Stephen

franklinair

Stephen;
Mustangs did not come with those gaskets. They are a Cougar part that some folks add to their Mustang (me for instance).
If you wish to replace them, contact Scott @ West Coast Classic Cougar. He can get you a pair.

Neil

Attachments

• DSC00502 (2).jpg
    DSC00502 (2).jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 35

CougarCJ

Not sure why Mustangs didn't receive the gasket with the mid-year reflector change. You can click the link.

OP
OP
M

mbsf1970

Follow up question(s).....

1) what secured the eflectors in place inside the quarter panel......

2) same question for script lettering. Mine seem to be pressure fitted. Should they have any type of fastener?

Stephen

whodat

My truck lid script Mustang press nut holes were wobbled out. So I used a stick on Mustang script for the time being.