• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Radio Help

Minnesota_Mustang_Nutt

About the only thing I need to replace in my 68 CS to make the interior original is the radio. The guy I bought it from has a new radio in it, but I want to keep it real. What radio was most commonly used in the CS? Just AM, 8 track, etc...?

Thanx

mustang.biz

When you get your Marti report you'll learn what radio it is supposed to have. It is most likely AM but could be AM/FM, 8 track or even no radio at all.

If you need help finding the actual radio, let me know, I have a couple of AM and 8 track radios available.

franklinair

I initially got the 'quickie' Marti ($20+/-) and they faxed it to me. Extra cost, but at least you'd have the info on the car.

Neil

JohnnyQuest515

Brain Fart

Guess it is real...

A brain fart (jocularly derived from "brainstorm")[1] is slang for a special kind of abnormal brain activity which results in human error while performing a repetitive task,[2][3] or more generally denoting a degree of mental laxity or any task-related forgetfulness, such as forgetting how to hold a fork. Tom Eichele, a neuroscientist at the University of Bergen in Norway, was part of an international team of researchers who identified evidence that the brain fart is detectable in brain scans up to 30 seconds before the mistake is actually made. The researchers suspect the abnormal behavior is the result of the brain attempting to save effort on a task by entering a more restful state. The scientists detailed their findings on 21 April 2008 online in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. The scientific term they gave the phenomenon is "maladaptive brain activity change."[4]

The term is typically employed in the United States[5] to indicate a regrettable and poorly thought out choice of action. According to vaunted Philadelphia Flyers defenceman and amateur linguist Denis Gauthier—whose seminal association with the phenomenon has earned him the honorific sobriquet "Mr. Brainfart"—a brainfart occurs when one "momentarily loses his sense of logic…and does something 'dumb'."[6]

A further clarification comes from investigative journalist Louie Pierson, who proffers that while accidents are preventable, "brain farts are unpredictable, unpreventable and universal", and advances the theory that Mother Nature had "added the unfathomable minor irritant of the brain fart as a failsafe backup."[7]

:eek: Randy

dpheyes

Guess it is real...

A brain fart (jocularly derived from "brainstorm")[1] is slang for a special kind of abnormal brain activity which results in human error while performing a repetitive task,[2][3] or more generally denoting a degree of mental laxity or any task-related forgetfulness, such as forgetting how to hold a fork. Tom Eichele, a neuroscientist at the University of Bergen in Norway, was part of an international team of researchers who identified evidence that the brain fart is detectable in brain scans up to 30 seconds before the mistake is actually made. The researchers suspect the abnormal behavior is the result of the brain attempting to save effort on a task by entering a more restful state. The scientists detailed their findings on 21 April 2008 online in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. The scientific term they gave the phenomenon is "maladaptive brain activity change."[4]

The term is typically employed in the United States[5] to indicate a regrettable and poorly thought out choice of action. According to vaunted Philadelphia Flyers defenceman and amateur linguist Denis Gauthier—whose seminal association with the phenomenon has earned him the honorific sobriquet "Mr. Brainfart"—a brainfart occurs when one "momentarily loses his sense of logic…and does something 'dumb'."[6]

A further clarification comes from investigative journalist Louie Pierson, who proffers that while accidents are preventable, "brain farts are unpredictable, unpreventable and universal", and advances the theory that Mother Nature had "added the unfathomable minor irritant of the brain fart as a failsafe backup."[7]

:eek: Randy

Maybe that will get me off the hook with my wife!! I'll just have to be careful and not overuse the excuse!