• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Radiator Overflow

PFSlim

Has anyone ever had radiator coolant come through the overflow to the ground when hot? We only have the rubber hose connected on top of the radiator (next to cap) which drains down. I am assuming this is the way it is suppose to be for 1968. When the car gets warm, it puts some coolant on the ground. Normal??? ???

Paul

hookedtrout

I would say yes, particularly after you have checked it and topped off the radiator or just recently filled the radiator. After a couple of overflows they eventually reach a point where they balance out and don't overflow after having added fluids so I would say no if you have not recently added fluid or made any changes on the radiator.

If you have been running the car without overflow and have not added fluid then I would check your cap or make sure the car isn't overheating as it shouldn't just start overflowing out of the blue.

Cory

390cs68rcode

yes, it is correct to drain on the ground. like said above after it drains enough it will stop. I have found about an inch below the top of the tank is about the correct level.