• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Quarter Pnael end Cap differences

coralsnake

::) First I will start by saying my knowledge of of the CS cars is limited.

Has anyone noticed differences in original rear quarter panel end caps? I thought it was a difference between Shelby fasbacks and convertibles. I now think it may have been different suppliers or molds???

taylorHCS

Banned
from what i understand, and i may be wrong, the fastbacks spoilered parts are at a more vertical angle with the flat of the decklid being the origin than the shleby conv. and the california specials. I think I may have read a previous post here with the angle degrees, you may want to check. anyway, i hope that helps.

68sunlitgold

The supplier was the same, but you are right the molds are different. The difference is in the angle of the trunk meeting the spoiler, like wise for the endcaps. Since the fastback had a long sweeping back window which continued to the trunk lid, that angle needed to be incorporated into the spoiler, hence the differnce in this angle and continuation to the endcaps.
Doug