• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Progression, OH SO SWEET!!!!!

somethingspecial

Well, It is coming along, faster than I had anticipated. All sheet metal is in place, now, just small stuff. I updated my Gallery as well.

Attachments

• Right Side View GTCS.JPG
    Right Side View GTCS.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 52
  • rt side stripe, GTCS.JPG
    rt side stripe, GTCS.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 46
OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

more Pics.

Sorry, These files are so big, I can only download a few at a time. Mike

Attachments

• left side view GTCS.JPG
    left side view GTCS.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Marchal GTCS.JPG
    Marchal GTCS.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 46

joedls

Mike, you better take all references of your address off this forum. If Arlie sees this car, he may just have to steal it.

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Pounce!!!!!!!

He'll have to get past my trained attack dog first. It will be hard to drive without ankles!!!!

Attachments

• Soda attack dog.JPG
    Soda attack dog.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 27

Diesel Donna

Mike, Cool beans!!!! It is looking GREAT!!...Oh and the green eyes on your attack dog are really scary.

Mustanger

Mike,
That's 1 cool lookin' CS ... great paint job!!! Looking forward to more pic's ...

P

PNewitt

Few Mustangs that I've seen restored, and/or concours prepared have that "scary good" look to them. Like they really have stepped back in time, and they're so good, it's a little unreal!

Yours is one of them.

It looks just like a green version of the one in the original brochure; like it just left the factory. wow! great fit and finish, too!

Also--all those details that you worked so hard on individually (Marchal lights, headrests, etc.)--are now all together.

You've exceeded the sum of it's parts--in how good your GT/CS looks! Congratulations!

Paul N.

Midnight Special

I couldn't resist!...

Folks! (don't kill me...) This is a quick rendering (from memory) of how she looked when Mike first got it :-O

It's one thing to admire the magnificent restoration Mike has done. It's quite another to admire it while looking at what he (and Bob McClurg) started with!

Mike - Truly Awesome!! ;-)

Attachments

• nuts.jpg
    nuts.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Thank You All!!!!!!

I surf the internet regularly, but I only belong to one site, This one. Words can't express the family atmosphere you find here. All your kind words and encouragement mean the most to me. THANK YOU ALL!!!!!! I have been working so hard on this car, which has been a dream of mine since 1983. I still have a ways to go, but not that far. (my family is sure glad, maybe they can have their husband and dad back). All your help you have given me through the course of this restoration is second to none. Your willingness to share experience and secrets are seldom found today.
People keep asking me if I have started the engine yet. I have decided not to turn the key until it is complete, Just as they did at the factory. I have been documenting the entire restoration with a photo history. I wish I could post all the photos I have taken, but it would probably crash the server. Don't worry Jon, I won't do that.
I will put this out now, My wife Robinette and I have decided to put on a second annual GT/CS-HCS Bar-B-Que in August. Keep the 18th open. You are all invited. Again, Thank You ALL, You are the BEST!!!!! Mike and Robinette Jewell

CJ

Mike what an awesome job you and Robinette have done. Did you photograph the various steps in rebuilding your CS?

CJ