• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Probably a silly VIN question...

vangtcs

This is probably a silly question, sorry in advance if it is.

VIN's are consecutive aren't they? My 07 GT/CS is 200266 and was made in June/06. Does this mean it was one of the first 07's made, and probably one of the first GT/CS's? If so, is there anyway to find out how many CS's were made ahead of mine? For some reason I find it really amazing that my car could have been one of the first CS's made, 39 years after the originals.

rvrtrash

VIN's are consecutive and it sounds like yours might be one of the first, but I'm not up on the new ones enough to say for sure. Some questions that would narrow it down are: Do all Mustang VIN's start with a 2? (It used to be all Fords started with a 1, Mercury with a 5). Are all Mustangs built in the same plant? If both of those are yes, you're a long way towards your answer, but would have to wait for a 2007/8 registery to see where yours places.

Steve

OP
OP
V

vangtcs

Initially I thought they started with 2xxxxx, but it's looking like they started in the late 19xxxx's. I thought the 2 was the start of the Flat Rock sequences from what I had read on other sites, but I guess I'm wrong... oops.

hotrodgrany

Ok, here is info on my 07 GT/CS according to built dates.
Reciept Date: 4/12/2006
Serialized Date: 4/13/2006
Segment Date: 4/28/2006
Sequence Date: 5/23/2006
Blend date: 5/31/2006
Produced Date: 6/8/2006
Gate Released Date: 6/8/2006
Ship Date: 6/16/2006
Arrival Date: 6/27/2006
I know this doen't tell you everthing, but I will have get more info.
Here are the last 6 # on my vin

Last edited:

koronen

I could be mistaken, but I don't think Ford differentiated between regular GT's and CS "appearance packages". So, unless I am mistaken, 200265 could be a normal GT.