• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007+ predator diablo tuner

dcutting

Diablo Tuner worth the $$$?

I can't say anything about the Diablo, but I bought an SCT X-3 right after Christmas when the prices got reasonable, and it was worth every cent.
I had put on a Ford intake, Steeda elbow, the Ford reflash, Ford headers, X-pipe, mufflers and throttle spacer, and thought the results were quite pathetic for the time and money spent. I bought the tuner from CJ Pony parts with a custom tune for the mods, and the difference was huge! The car finally ran like it should have, better throttle response, more top end, just great.

Regards,

David

OP
OP
A

albegtcs

David,

Did you use the ford reflash that came with the FR1 pack,If not were did you get the ford reflash ? I am debating weather to go with Ford racing upgrade or after market parts

dcutting

Diablo Tuner

I used the tuner that comes with the FR-1 kit. At the time I was replicating the Shelby GT mods, because it preserved the warranty if Ford did the install. I had Senator Ford in Sacramento-bad choice, but that's another tale of woe. That made a considerable difference, but you know how it is. Horsepower is not unlike adult beverages, if one more is good, then two more is that much better.
So I added the headers, throttle body spacer and intake elbow. You know the rest. With the SCT I can set back to stock, or back to the FR-1 tune to fool the dealer computers, then back to the current tune.
Bottom line I suppose, is that the FR-1 kit along with an X-pipe and some variety of high flow mufflers (or a muffler delete) is good value for money, and protects your warranty. If you want more than 20 or so additional horsepower, go with all aftermarket.
Hope this helps,

David