• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Power Sterring fluid or Transmission fluid

robertd3

Hi, I noticed a puddle of reddish liquid under the front left end of my car (near the front left tire).

Is this a power steering problem or the transmission - I haven't checked fluid levels yet. But plan to when i get home from work later.

thanks for your help, Robert

Midnight Special

...In that area, likely power steering. look underneath to see if there's dripping from the hoses, ram, reservore connections, etc... Wipe off what you can, then start the car, cycle the steering a few times and check again.

robert campbell

Drive up to my garage and let me put it up on the four post lift (gloat gloat). Bring a roll of paper towels and have a ball!!! By the way garage is heated to a nice toasty 50 all the time and I bring her up to 60 while you work.. Free beer. TV!!

DSCN7812.jpg