• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Possible So. Calif. GT/CS get together?

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

As of today, we're planning to have a photo shoot in Southern Orange County (near the beach) on Saturday, and on Sunday, a photo shoot at LAX, and in Century City. If time permits, we'll caravan to the Petersen Museum, Rodeo Drive, and Bob's Big Boy in Burbank.

If anyone else in the Los Angeles area is interested in coming along, send me a PM immediately (by Tues Eve.) for the details.

Thanks to those of you who are participating.
This will truly be a "California Special Experience"!!

Paul N.

J_Speegle

PNewitt said:
For those of you in the Los Angeles area..
How is November 11th and 12th (Sat/Sun) to do this??
Paul N.

Paul... you flying or driving ?

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I'm driving. I like to drive--especially down scenic 101 along the coast.

-Paul N.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

NEVER a dull moment!

AS FATE would have it, I was just advised by the eagle-eyed "Two Rings" that there is an action movie being filmed at LAX this coming weekend, with streets closed, etc. Apparently, its got pyrotechnics, smoke, and helicopters, and all kinds of things happening! (hey, where's ARNOLD!)

(pssst...when I set up a photo shoot, I SET UP a photo shoot!! "Get All Camaros"!!! AAHH!! ....LOL!!)

So, needless to say, the Encounter is out. :-(

It looks like Century City, and the Petersen Museum, and then Bob's (Sunday).

If you have a GT/CS, please contact me first (via PM), and get on the list. To respect the folks at the locations, we need to arrive as a group.

Thanks--more to follow!

Paul N.

joedls

davidathans said:
Hey Paul, i race at LACR Los Angeles County Raceway its in Palmdale...the website is www.lacr.net

if you want to see some videos of my car go to this website:

www.myspace.com/gtcs347

you will need to have like a flash 9 player though...

i will be racing again this November at LACR...my friend has a 2004 Mach I that he just put a 4.10 gear ratio in..so he wants to run some 13s and i want to run in the 12.60s again...

At LACR it would have to be a friday night..racing is from 6-10pm $20 to race

i was thinking about the weekend of November 17th or 24th
The other CS racer.... how about Joedls?? i think it would be a close race if you had slicks to use, do you?

So I was telling my kids about this thread and they asked me why I wouldn't race David. I told them that my car wasn't fast enough to stand a chance. So, in the kind of logic only a kid can have, my 9 year-old asked me, "Why don't you make it faster?" Indeed.

So here's the plan. I'm going to yank the engine, and replace it with a 347. I just ordered a 347 from the same place that built the one I have in my convertible, only with lower compression and forged pistons. This is so I can put my blower on it. Maybe I can compete with David in 2007.

davidathans

a blown 347, if traction is achieved, no doubt will be faster than mine :) go for it! the idea has crossed my mind, except i would need to spend $2000 on another set of heads with bigger combustion chambers because my compression is too high...but when push comes to shove there is always Nitrous but i dont think i'll go there with this car until im a NOS expert.

Joe, even if you lost the race...no big deal...i lose races all the time at the track to 03-04 blown cobras with work done running in the 11s

joedls

davidathans said:
a blown 347, if traction is achieved, no doubt will be faster than mine :) go for it! the idea has crossed my mind, except i would need to spend $2000 on another set of heads with bigger combustion chambers because my compression is too high...but when push comes to shove there is always Nitrous but i dont think i'll go there with this car until im a NOS expert.

Joe, even if you lost the race...no big deal...i lose races all the time at the track to 03-04 blown cobras with work done running in the 11s

I don't have a problem with losing. I just like to have a fighting chance. :grin:

Mosesatm

Joe, will you be able to get enough tire under the car to keep it planted?

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I just sent private messages to those interested in the photo shoot on Sunday in Los Angeles.

Please check your PM.

If you haven't provided a phone #, please do.

thank you--see you there!

Paul N.

Mustanger

Mosesatm

Close to Westwood Memorial Park, too. Be sure to swing by and visit Marilyn Monroe and all the others!

CalGal68

OMG!!! I just got back from Europe and am reading this thread for the first time only to find out that the event happened TODAY!!!! I can't believe I missed being a part of this! By the way, I'm February in the new calendar.

Paul, are you considering another trip? I was reading through these very fast to try to get to the finalized date. 8 pages takes a while!

~ Debra

Mustanger

Special day ...

joedls said:
OK. Spill the beans. How did it go yesterday?

It was really cool, in fact, some people there were speculating that you might show up, but you didn't ... oh well, I hope you had a good time Saturday with your events, we all had a great time Sunday, cruisin' around and Louie racin' down Wilshire, people's heads turning, trying to keep a low profile for LAPD, ... Paul took lots of pic's and video and explained to all of us some of the history that happened back in '68 that was all part of making the California Special, well, you know, special ... BTW, Happy Birthay Joe!!!