• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Portholes

Mosesatm

What do you think, with or without?

Attachments

• Without.jpg
    Without.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 81
  • With.jpg
    With.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 90

rvrtrash

I don't know. Do they flash in sync with your stereo like the light kits we all had in the 70's? That would be cool. A little Foghat on the stereo and your fenders keeping time. :cool:

Steve

gtcs1

IMO, no. I feel this is a good match on big old Buick.

Our cars may benifit of, if you insist on adding something, Thrush side pipes.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I don't know. Do they flash in sync with your stereo like the light kits we all had in the 70's? That would be cool. A little Foghat on the stereo and your fenders keeping time. :cool:

Steve

Now that's a million dollar idea!!! Make it, patent it, sell it, and retire.

rvrtrash

Now that's a million dollar idea!!! Make it, patent it, sell it, and retire.

The sad thing is, if I looked, I probably still have a schematic or even an old control board laying around. I built my own because the ones you could buy weren't big enough to suit me.

Steve

robert campbell

another sad moment is I used to DJ for weddings and stuff. I have boards that used to power a 70's light show for dancing..... Sigh......... Lights went to the music...

disco bob......

somethingspecial

IMO, no. I feel this is a good match on big old Buick.

Our cars may benifit of, if you insist on adding something, Thrush side pipes.

Someone say Thrush Side Pipes?

Attachments

• GTCS in pasture002.jpg
    GTCS in pasture002.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 73

franklinair

Mike-
You promised you wouldn't show photos of my restored, private collection.:mad:

Neil

P

PNewitt

Arlie,
Portholes? Only if you add Corvette door handles, to finish out that "GM look". LOL!

Amy--get a good look at Mike's "before" shot., and you won't feel so bad about your engine scattered all over your garage floor. What Mike did to restore his CS to Gold Award status is a true miracle.

Looks like we're in for a LONG message board winter...

Paul N.

Stacey Enderle

Hate to bust your bubble but....

What do you think, with or without?

Hi Arlie,

IMO those port holes just doesn't compliment your beautiful jewel. I wouldn't even think of doing it. I must say it was a wonderful sight for sore eyes that day you pulled into the drive way to visit your mother and father in law. I had lots of fun photographing your work of art. Keep that car beautiful and I'd strongly suggest you wouldn't put those port holes on it. It's just unnatural. If you did, sure wish for the sake of your car to put it back to the way it was.

Stace