• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Port Angeles show 3/25/09 Wa State

calspcl

I second that motaion, "lady Special" Amy is a definate go-getter. She inspired me to bust the old beast out and enter it into the MSNW roundup this year. Her persistance got our Cal Specials pulling top honer at last years round up!

Its going to take a lot to slow this girl down.

Hope your feeling better soon Amy!

robert campbell

Amy,
Your energy and enthusiasm is legendary. Us old people need it! The guts for you to trek to California to drag a 40 year old car back to Washington is amazing. No gender comparisons here!

Trust me, you are more than a match for this car! But if you sell it, it makes no difference. I still look forward to meeting you. My wife and I married in 1978 and she drove her black fastback in our gallery as her daily driver. But she had my help to keep it up.

The faithful at MNW will line up to help you. And many on this site. You have proof of that already. Whether you keep it or not, your saga has endeared you to the members on this site. Cars can come and go but friends are the thing to cherish!

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Rob and Val

By the way, I have a used, known, ok radiator that just came out of my GT/CS. Automatic cooler hookups. Yours for free!

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Wow, thank you Rob for the radiator offer.

The car overheated, read hot. I had no idea why because she's been running perfectly since the overhaul. (Paul has a reason for this). I pulled over to check it out, and remembered before when she overheated it was because of the radiator. So without thinking I went to check to see if the radiator was empty. Standing right over it, the cap popped off and exploded boiling antifreeze and such a high pressure psi. The fire on my body was enough to have me rip off my shirt, throw my GTCS hat off my head, and fall to the ground. Knocked me off my feet, naked in downtown Balllard. I barely noticed the onlookers. The spray covered 3 parking stalls in perimeter. Thank goodness for my emergency room, who irrigated and gave me diluadid IV for the pain.

I'm not looking to keep the car. I don't want to do one more thing to it, other than to have someone else remove it from my garage and out of my life.

The excruciating 10/10 pain I'm in right now makes me never want to see the car again. Percocet (powerful narcotic) every 4 hours hardly touches the pain 5 days later. Can't sit down, can't wear pants, dressing changes every 3 hours. Second degree burns take a long time to heal, and mine are over large surface areas.

Thank you, everyone, for your support. This old car 'stuff' is not for me anymore. It's too dangerous for a rookie like myself, and I must say my enthusiasm may not return for this '68 model.

P

PNewitt

It's been a recent time for loss, sadness and pain, for Amy (who lost her father), and I, (I lost my mom) about the same time in Feb.

These events test a person's character, and motivation. It's a strong test of will and determination to get through it, too.

Over the years, I've seen and/or heard of others here with losses of family members, and injuries and personal problems. I feel for them all.

The common thread between us is this one car--a Mustang made for California. And the catalyst is this website.

There are times like this when the "car" is in the background, and the personal situation is in the forefront.

We are so fortunate to have the instant support, and understanding between many of us. I personally feel very blessed to have the support that I do.

I look forward to helping others, not only with the "car stuff", but in any other personal way, if it might make a difference. Our Mustangs bring us joy and attention, and we love that. The icing on the cake is the comraderie and "family" aspect of our connection here.

I don't want to mislead Amy about keeping the car, but it might be a practical thing for her to let it go. These "old" cars need attention and they teach us owners a
learning curve of safety pretty quickly! LOL!

Let's hope that this spring brings with it hope and fun and enjoyment.

And Amy, we're thinking of you every day. All you have to do is get well. The iron and fiberglass can just sit in the garage.

"Head Up and Tail Flyin' "
-Paul.

J.Bart

i'm sorry to hear about your accident Amy, i hope things go a little,(or maybe alot) more your way in the future. have you thought about having a priest take a look at your 68? lol?

J.Bart

sorry couldn't help it, and i'm not disputing the issue that you think it's possessed.
i think by now no one is going to argue that.
get well soon

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Okay it's official. I will be at this show with my '68 Special. Hope to see a lot of you there!

Um, well, I have a new issue with overheating, so I'll be there with some sort of CS.

Last edited:

robert campbell

Amy,
Wish I could! Our car is really working great!! Another time soon!! At you waterfront restaurant!! It will be great!

Rob

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Little Miss "I'm gonna overheat now anytime I'm running in traffic" isn't able to make it to this show.
The cousin "She bought me instead of the Shelby", my 08 CS, will be accompanying me instead. Good old trusty gal she is.

See y'all there tomorrow.