• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Pictures Of Real Life!

hookedtrout

We have power and tonight I put in the lights, I put in four 4' T-8 with 6 bulbs in each, I planned on using six of them but thought I'd start with 4 and see what that did. Lit it up like daylight, no need for the other two as far as I can see. Man it's nice to have power and lights and the door opens with the click of a button now. The only bad news, the beer fridge I planned on putting in the shop died tonight, bad timing I'd say. Shop party after hunting season, this weekend I'm headed to Silver Creek for a weekend of camping, relaxing and fly fishing for the ever elusive Silver Creek trout.

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Well, I get power tomorrow, I've been stringing wire and installing outlets for the past two days and when I finished tonight, I counted how many outlets I had installed...15 quads for a total of 60 plug in spots!! And that won't be all of them, I'll install several on the outside along with some 30 ampers for the RV, one or two 220 outlets and then when I frame in my wood shop on the back end there will be more that go along the inside walls of that as well as some up top so there are some outlets on the upper floor. Should have no problem finding a place to plug anything in. Sure will be nice to have a powered garage door instead of having to get out and open it every time. Oh the luxuries of electricity.

Anyone have any recomendations for lighting? The lights will be 18' up so I need something that will light it up good from up high. Oh, and the kid gets to string those wires, I have no desire to go up in the rafters.

Rob, I love the way you did your roof, your's will certainly outshine mine from an appearance standpoint. Mine's just plain Jane 4 walls and a roof.

Cory,
Roof line matches my original garage. I am in a small development so I tried to make it "pleasing" to my neighbors. Not out in the fields like you.

Electrical roughed in. I am doing 6 twin 8 footers in the 28 foot of the 14 foot high bay. The last 12 feet has a loft and it is where my "shop" area will be. I am putting 4, twin 8 footers on the underside of the loft. Should be blinding! Three different circuits so I can turn on just the lights I need.

Lots of 110 plugs all around. 220 for a compresor and the lift. El man-u-al doors for now, but the wiring is in there for the future. Internet is fed to the tv area.

Insulation, sheetrock, firetape, and loft are in the next couple weeks. I am going to paint the inside white with no texture. A working garage, not a showroom.

Mr. Heater this winter. It is wired and plumbed for a future gas fired ceiling heater with thermostat.

Hope to start moving in in a couple weeks!!!

Could have bought a new Shelby for the money spent on this project...... or $60k down on a new Ford GT........ :eek:

Rob

hookedtrout

Won't be long and you'll pass me up, I don't think I'll get to insulation and inside finish work this year. When I started I priced a lot of different options including a finished inside and out building and decided to run my budget out on size for now to get the biggest building I could, having the option of building as big as I wanted I wanted to build as big as I could afford, seems you always wish it was bigger later so I ran that direction. I'll catch the finish work later and freeze my butt off this winter or just not do any projects this winter?

P.S. Silver Creek was heaven for a few days, had a blast, saw elk, eagles, deer, hawks, partridge, quail, antelope, duck, duck hunters, rabbits, coyotes and lots of other stuff I'm sure including some trout. Look close for the twin fawns with their mother in the pictures below.

Attachments

• IMG_2136.jpg
    IMG_2136.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC00710.JPG
    DSC00710.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC00714.JPG
    DSC00714.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC00718.JPG
    DSC00718.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00709.JPG
    DSC00709.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Moving into my garage!!! Full insulation! Sheetrock! Painted ultra white! Lift is coming tomorrow!! Some old storage stuff for now. New later!

Rob

DSCN7746.jpg

DSCN7745.jpg

DSCN7744.jpg

DSCN7743.jpg

CougarCJ

The drawers under the Pabst sign aren't put in their right spots, colors should be the same on all levels.

Just one of my Monkisms.

I am jealous as heck, hopefully within 6 months I will be moving into a 6 car garage with attached house.:cheesy:

Ruppstang

Very nice Rob! I am sure there will be many hours of enjoyment spent there. Marty

hookedtrout

Wish to heck I had my insulation all complete, supposed to be -7 degrees Wednesday night and a high of 3 above on Thanksgiving day. We have been getting pounded with snow, had to plow this morning just to get out of the driveway to go to work.

frank s

The drawers under the Pabst sign aren't put in their right spots, colors should be the same on all levels.

Just one of my Monkisms.

I am jealous as heck, hopefully within 6 months I will be moving into a 6 car garage with attached house.:cheesy:

You think Monkists could tolerate an ascending or descending pattern? Just move Queen to Rook Three... or something.

Doesn't "jealous" imply some claim to the subject? I'm envious. I'd have to raise my garage roof several feet to accommodate a useful lift. Sigh. I'm sheetrocked but not insulated, although the latter isn't really necessary in SoCal near-beach locations, and you can't see the former for the "random system" of storage...

Yup. Envious it is.

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

It kinda hurt to move some of that "old" storage crap in the new garage. That multi colored piece of crap has to go!!

Already been to Lowes!!! They have some reasonably priced stuff that has shelves that seem like that won't bend in the middle with a poof can of paint on them!!! I was looking at the Guardian stuff and or the Black and Decker. The Sears Craftsman stuff seems a bit cheesy.

Anyone got ideas on storage stuff? Want it all to match as I go. Couple wall mount storage untis. A couple cabinets uner my workk bench. Maybe one big free standing 4 foot wide unit also.

Trust me I have looked at the expensive stuff. To much for "trailer trash" Rob! If you send me ideas like that, I will just be sad....

Love my Pabst sign!! "This is the Place"!!! I have had it for 20 years waiting for a garage!! And I love my workbench! Hand built and you can throw a shortblock on it!!

Rob

hookedtrout

I got very lucky on shelving, my kid is an electrician and he was wiring some stores in the local big town mall and the contract crew putting in shelving was on their 3rd move the furniture because the owner changed his mind. They ended up with boxes of industrial grade shelving that they didn't use, the kind that you assemble by sliding the front and side rails into the slots and pound them in place, roughly 10-12 feet high by 4 feet wide, solid as a rock.

He gave it all to my kid who in turn hauled it all to me as he has no use for it. Also several boxes of chrome screw to the wall adjustable shelf hangers, industrial grade and several cases of the slide in shelf holders with locking nuts so they can't fall out. I got tons of shelf space now and more in the cases still, if I need it once I get the insulation and finish the walls.

rvrtrash

Hey Rob, I got you beat in the "trailer trash" dept. I built a 2' wide shelf across most of my back wall, 8' off the ground, out of 2 x 4's and 3/4" plywood. It's just a single shelf, but it holds all the misc. parts for current and past projects. It's not pretty, but it's stout.

Steve

68 special

Beat this Steve and Rob!!!
I used 5 old closet doors that had stickers and writing all over them for shelves in my garage. Now that's "trailer trash". they won't hold a short bock, but i did have my old FMX on it for awhile. They work very well with no gaps between boards for stuff to fall thru. Sure beat paying to give them to the dump. What can I say, I'm cheap.

Bret

hookedtrout

Beat this Steve and Rob!!!
I used 5 old closet doors that had stickers and writing all over them for shelves in my garage. Now that's "trailer trash". they won't hold a short bock, but i did have my old FMX on it for awhile. They work very well with no gaps between boards for stuff to fall thru. Sure beat paying to give them to the dump. What can I say, I'm cheap.

Bret

Hey, this thread is "Pictures" of real life, wheres the pictures? That's awesome, I do the same crap all the time, in fact the reason I built a new shop is my other 6...yes I said 6 outbuildings are so full of crap I can't get in them and I can't seem to get rid of the stuffffffff because I just know someday I'll find a use for it. And I have (found a use) every once in a blue moon!!

PonyGal

Hey, this thread is "Pictures" of real life, wheres the pictures?

Well, this is not "car" related, but they are "pictures of real life"! I was coming out of the shower yesterday and I happen to look up and see all the different flowers I have for my hair. WOW!!! I didn't realize I had this many and I am always adding more. I guess I am the Imelda Marcos of hair flowers :-/

I also included a picture of yesterday's California sunset :~}

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 26

hookedtrout

Well, this is not "car" related, but they are "pictures of real life"! I was coming out of the shower yesterday and I happen to look up and see all the different flowers I have for my hair. WOW!!! I didn't realize I had this many and I am always adding more. I guess I am the Imelda Marcos of hair flowers :-/

I also included a picture of yesterday's California sunset :~}

Nice, I'm the same way with ball caps, must have a couple hundred.