• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Original Seat Tag Found

case12

I was talking with Bob Teets this afternoon and going over the new CS. After hanging up, I found a tag attached to the springs of the back seat (from inside the trunk). It is definitely an original tag, as you can see from the picture.

It looks like Allen Industries of Compton, CA supplied interiors for Ford? The date on the back of the tag is Jan 26, 1968 which matches nicely to the build date of the CS of Feb 21, 1968 (from the Marti Report). The tag is is sorta light green in color.

Anyone know what the scoop is on this tag? ...Thought it was cool to share with the forum as a piece of CS history too.

Casey

Attachments

• mustang_tag.jpg
    mustang_tag.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 18

68sunlitgold

Casey,
Before I left the states I took apart my front of my convertible and found the metal build tags but never anything made of paper. I did not look at the back seats. I don't remember what they said but I do know they did not have a manufactures name on them.

Doug

Talan423

this tag looks more like a shipping tag mainly because it says "10 pieces" on the bottom. it is possible that a pallet or crate containing 10 of these seats was shipped to the plant from the supplier and this particular seat had the shipping tag attached to it. the tag was probably just never removed. hope this helps to figure it out.

tom

mmarsalone

Someone with a parts exchange manual could tell us what the part number was for. The "C4" start of the part number means the part came out in 64'. They must have still been using that part through 68' It could be for the rear seat frame, I don't think they changed between the 65' to 68' models.

Mike

P

PNewitt

Casey,

Finding this tag is really neat! You are right--the rear seats ARE the same as '64/'65 types. Note that those rear seat rear quarters are wider than the '65 ones, because the '67/'68 is a couple of inches wider.

The date--Jan 24th, makes sense. The strike ended in early Jan, and production resumed.

Compton is basically east of the LA airport, and near the Pico Rivera Ford plant (at that time). Interesting subcontractor.

Good detective work!

Paul N.

OP
OP
case12

case12

[quote author=PNewitt link=board=1;threadid=1241;start=0#msg7140 date=1103171969]
Casey,

Finding this tag is really neat! You are right--the rear seats ARE the same as '64/'65 types. Note that those rear seat rear quarters are wider than the '65 ones, because the '67/'68 is a couple of inches wider.

The date--Jan 24th, makes sense. The strike ended in early Jan, and production resumed.

Compton is basically east of the LA airport, and near the Pico Rivera Ford plant (at that time). Interesting subcontractor.

Good detective work!

Paul N.
[/quote]

Thanks Paul. I am having a ball uncovering these tidbits with the help of the forum. Do you know anything about this subcontractor? I could find nothing on the net related to them. Were they a shipper as suggested earlier in the thread?

Thanks, Casey