• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

"Okie Special"

AZ68

I've seen this car all over Phoenix when I was living there full time, and I noticed some one took pics of it and was inquiring as to why it was called the "Okie Special"... Well here is why it is named "Okie Special":

"Unique, one-of-a-kind 1967 Mustang Convertible, white w/red top, red velour interior. Car is known as the Okie Special because it was rebuilt in Henryetta, Oklahoma with ‘68 California Special appointments, including 1968 dash, door panels and striping. It has a 351 Windsor motor, automatic transmission and duel exhaust. It has Shelby side scoops, rear deck w/spoiler and tail lights. After market AC. It has won trophies, including 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place in the modified division of local, regional and national shows."

It's for sale on the copperstate website
http://www.copperstatemustangclub.com/classified.html