• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Offer on my 08 GT/CS

J.Bart

my 08 vista blue went from the tint shop back to the showroom yesterday. it is sitting in the show room waiting for the ford racing packs to show up, and be installed. today,(on the showroom only 1 day), my salesman informed me that a man offered $35,000 for my cs. The way it sits( before fr packs) with stripes,tint,clear bra,extended warrenty,and sales tax, i'm in it $36,000. i guess i'm flattered someone wants to buy my cs and made an offer that was in the ball park. and i feel much more comfortable on my investment. one concern i had in buying a new car, was owing more on the car than someone was willing to pay for it. not that i'm looking to sell. the 08 is growing on me just like the 68's did when i saw one. all in all i guess i'm quite flattered.

aemoo28

It's interesting to me when people stop me and ask me if my car was custom made, and who did it for me. I tell them it's a Special, and they've never heard of the CS. See how rare our cars really are? Isn't it great? Can't wait to hear the final production #s on our '08 Cali's. Is it true production stopped early to make way for the '08 Bullitt?

Z28ZL1

I hope Ford don't make any more and just keep the two year (07-08) run only. Otherwise, they won't be as rare in the future. There are quite a few I've seen for sale in the used car lots in my area.

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

you say in used car lots? i guess they would be 07's. it would be interesting to inquire what they were traded in on, maybe 08's

Z28ZL1

you say in used car lots? i guess they would be 07's. it would be interesting to inquire what they were traded in on, maybe 08's

Yes, '07's. Maybe traded up to a Sheby GT or GT500. Most of these were low miles as I was curious and went physically to check them out. Salesman never came out, so couldn't inquire as what the people traded on. But I was just surprised that so many are on used dealer lots already with prices in the
$23k range (for a used '07 C/S).

68gt390

They are all truely "SPECIAL" regardless of the year. Those who don't have one, want one and, those who have one don't want to let it go. Need say no more.

Don :grin:

BroadwayBlue

Z28ZL1

There's a few on eBay too

An 07 convertible for $27,500 Buy It Now
Why are there no stripes on this car?
Is it not a GT/CS but that other California Edition?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...206311587QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260206311587

07 Coupe $24,500
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007...201688791QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item140201688791

2008 Brand New for $28,900
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...202440977QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160202440977

Great prices. I believe that the Cali Edition is specific to V6's only. I may be wrong, but the ones I have seen (in person) were V6's with the Pony Grille option and the faux gas cap states CE on it. Some people take off the stripes (for whatever reason). Anyway the trend is showing that many people buy the CS but then sell it after a year or so less. Wonder if this was the trend with the 1968 CS's of that time where people bought them (not realizing the value) and sold them after a short while. I see many dealers, when advertising in my area, they don't know the difference between a CS or CE. They think its the same thing......lol

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

i just remembered, last year i was looking for gt/cs cars, and my local dealer said they had one. when i got to the lot to test drive it, the salesman told me it wasn't a cs. the dealer took a stock mustang and put the black gt/cs stripe on it. i told them that wasn't real cool to do that. but they did sell it. i have kept my eyes open for it to see if it still had the stripe and if the owner thought they had a california special, but i haven't seen it around

aemoo28

Locally there are 2 cars advertised as "California Special" and "Bullitt package" cars. The inside of these 2008 GTs are not two toned like the CS is supposed to be, and look different in general. I will travel to this dealership and investigate further.

joedls

I don't believe they are advertising these as GT/CSs. I think they are simply listing all the options available for the 2008 Mustang GT.