• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

No More Horsepower Wars?

390cs68rcode

the high end auto makers will still produce high horsepower cars. Technology is way more advanced compared to just 15-20 years ago. I see car makers going towards lighter materials to gain some MPG and of course other stuff we don't know about yet.

Although if the next few years the horsepower numbers go down on the cars I like I WILL be buying a few cars and will be sticking them away just incase.

HappyHour

Acceleration and speed are here to stay, just in different form...

"...from zero to 60 in four seconds..." and only for a $100K :wink:

http://www.stanfordalumni.org/news/magazine/2008/janfeb/pc/tesla.html

This maybe heresy, but I'd love an electric replica of the the Green Hornet once the kinks are worked out of the technology...

Of course you would have to add the aftermarket "throaty dual quad Shelby V8" external surround sound enhancer to let everyone know you mean business when you "whirrr" off the line. :smile:

rvrtrash

I was actually researching building a CS/Little Red clone electric vehicle last fall before I was laid up for an injury and made a small career change, involving less money. It's still in the back of my mind, so you never know what might happen. :cool:

Steve

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I was actually researching building a CS/Little Red clone electric vehicle last fall before I was laid up for an injury and made a small career change, involving less money. It's still in the back of my mind, so you never know what might happen. :cool:

Steve
See, that 3.5L is looking pretty good right about now!

Midnight Special

I was actually researching building a CS/Little Red clone electric vehicle last fall....

.... It's still in the back of my mind, so you never know what might happen. :cool:

Steve

....Hmm.... True!

Attachments

• lilred1-e.jpg
    lilred1-e.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 22

rvrtrash

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Now there is an approach I hadn't considered!

Steve

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Here's another....uh.....unique option.

Attachments

• Mustang Times Diesel.pdf
    534.5 KB · Views: 23

rvrtrash

Humm, I wonder if a 7.3 Turbo Diesel would fit in a '71-3 Coupe? :grin:

Steve