• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007+ New here and need advice.

Jordang

So a little back story introducing myself.

I have owned 5 Mustangs in my life. a 1988 LX 5.0 a 1988 2.3 a 2000 GT a 2001 GT and I recently purchased back in November my current car. I bought a GT/CS with 3.73's 2012 model year.

So I decided to look into the rarity of the car which led me here.

And I came to find out I own 1 of 58 2012 Yellow Blaze GT/CS coupes. :eek:

So... would this count as a collectors item? in 20 years will it be worth more or is it more for sentimental value?

stangfan

Welcome! Most of the folks on here are into the classic GT/CS and HCS cars. There are people here who have the newer ones, so be patient and I'm sure someone will be along to answer your questions. In the meantime, pull up a chair and have a look around. :grin:

robert campbell

I subscribe to Hot Rod Magazine and this months edition (has the master engine builder challenge on the cover) has an article by one of the staff on the legacy and value of the newer muscle cars. He kinda dissed the 80's and 90's "muscle" car offerings (IROC Camaro). He also commented on how the horse power wars and making current offerings a bit obsolete as the next model year has more HP and more goodies and such.

He commented on the latest rare offerings such as the Dodge Challenger Hellcat and such. How the older muscle cars in the 1960's are valuable all the way across the board. Certainly the top end cars (428 Cobra Jets, 427 Ford powered anything, and Dodges with Hemi's) hole the most value, but a "K","S", and "J" codes and any GT or GT/CS/HCS also hold great value.

It will be interesting to see how the new stuff holds up over the years. Time will tell and he commented that the old 60's muscle will last for a long time, but I know one thing for sure......

"They do not build them like they used to.... They build them WAY better"!!!! Your 2012 GT/CS is quality beyond quality, built to last, and way fun to drive!!!

Rob