• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 new headlight switch question

CougarCJ

I do sell a switch for the quad headlight system found on the Cougars. The quad headlight system has a higher rated circuit breaker for a heavier load. This switch will work on Mustangs. I will be using one on my car eventually.

You will need to re-use the bracket on the front of your old switch. I cannot get the higher rated switch with the bracket installed new.

OP
OP
Batgirl89

Batgirl89

I do sell a switch for the quad headlight system found on the Cougars. The quad headlight system has a higher rated circuit breaker for a heavier load. This switch will work on Mustangs. I will be using one on my car eventually.

You will need to re-use the bracket on the front of your old switch. I cannot get the higher rated switch with the bracket installed new.

could I run the halogens with it? I went to Napa today they dont have the correct headlights anymore, they were replaced with a halogen :sad:

CougarCJ

could I run the halogens with it? I went to Napa today they dont have the correct headlights anymore, they were replaced with a halogen :sad:

Running the halogen lights is a good question. I am not sure.

The parts suppliers did a bulb change on the old part number. We had to send back the wrong bulbs.

rvrtrash

I would recommend installing solid state relays to handle the halogens, just to be safe. There is nothing quite like blasting down an unlit section of the freeway in the middle of no where, at 70, in the middle of the night, and having all your lights go out. "Coffee? We don't need no stinkin' coffee! We're wide awake now." Especially since they come back on after a bit and then go out again, on an increasingly frequent basis.

Steve

franklinair

Steve
Can you or Arlie post the schematic & instructions in case Sheryl would want to add that mod to her CS? Then she could keep the halogen headlights.

Neil

OP
OP
Batgirl89

Batgirl89

Steve, I think I'm getting to old for that kind of excitement! I'll just stick with the coffee. but you are right, speed & darkness wakes you right up.

we could have a clinic at the car show in June how to wire a mustang for halogen lights (I can watch you guys wire my car) :rofl:

It would be great to see the schematic. Ill get the correct lights for now off amazon that Neil found me, and also get the electrical problem fixed. If im replacing the headlight switch Ill get the one from Scott.

rvrtrash

That saves me the time of drawing something up, and looking up part numbers. TOO EASY! I've dealt with Rocketman before, at Scott's recommendation, and he's a stand up guy.

Steve

robert campbell

I would recommend installing solid state relays to handle the halogens, just to be safe. There is nothing quite like blasting down an unlit section of the freeway in the middle of no where, at 70, in the middle of the night, and having all your lights go out. "Coffee? We don't need no stinkin' coffee! We're wide awake now." Especially since they come back on after a bit and then go out again, on an increasingly frequent basis.

Steve

"fetch me my "brown" pants!!!