• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ADMIN New Feature: Search members by state

admin

Staff member
Administrator
On the memberlist page you can now sort by state. See the new "Search Members by State" box in the upper left.

CougarCJ

That reminds me, I will be changing mine in 2 weeks.:grin:

J.Bart

boy that's a short list.
i think a couple of us in idaho don't have our state in our profile

di81977

Jon,
Either I am doing something wrong, or there is a glitch. I do not show up (and neither does hicountrybob) when I search Colorado.

david

di81977

I figured it out. In everyone's user control panel - additional info section, there is a field that asks for city and state and another field that asks for state.

Nice feature, we all just need to double check how we filled out those sections.

david

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Correct David. You need to have entered your state in order to show up on the list.

Click here (User CP --> Edit Your Details) and then scroll down toward the bottom.

- The "location" box is what gets shown on the left side of your posts under your username.
- The "state" box is what shows up on the memberlist.

Bob, I added your info in there for you.

hicountrybob

Correct David. You need to have entered your state in order to show up on the list.

Click here (User CP --> Edit Your Details) and then scroll down toward the bottom.

- The "location" box is what gets shown on the left side of your posts under your username.
- The "state" box is what shows up on the memberlist.

Bob, I added your info in there for you.

Oh, thank you, Jon. Between you and David, I'll "survive the drive". Thanks, fellows. Bob here.

rvrtrash

Jon, when I follow your link, I can access the feature (old format) but when I look at members list under community, it's not there.

Steve

Mustanglvr

Mine is going to stay Minnesota permenently, cuz we just purchased a house here. Yay!

Northern Pony

Yea BUT?? no provinces, and I know there are a lot of GT/CS's in Alberta.
Any way Jon, you are always improving this site, good work.
BoB

rvrtrash

Steve - They should be the exact same link: http://californiaspecial.com/forums/memberlist.php

Can you paste the link you're going to that doesn't show this new feature?

Jon, you had me change from "California Special" to "Default" when you upgraded the site some time back because of a different issue. At the top of the page I click on "Community" and then "Memberslist" and don't see the state search feature. Here's the link.

http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/memberlist.php

Steve