• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 New California Special T shirt Ideas

Guyman

Hey everyone., been thinking about designing a new 1968 California Special T-shirt. I am a professional Graphic Designer and have been designing for oh..about 30 years now. I guess my question to everyone would be how much interest would I have if I did one (how many people would buy one). It would be a full color shirt with the Gt/CS and or script logo on it and of course some palm trees/beachy type scene. Responses and input would dictate the design. In the meantime you can check out my site www.gra-fix-ink.com if anyone needs some work done!., I am recently a stay-at-home-now new daddy!

Thanks in advance for the input! Guy

Midnight Special

...I did the same thing a few years ago and received a wonderful response! I tailored them to each individual and made transfers opposed to screen printing. 'Produced a good many and had a lot of fun :) A few others here have produced shirts that were also very welcome and popular.

With your talent and ability, you can't go wrong, but be careful about copyrighted logos, etc... to keep Ford off your back unless you receive permission.

Attachments

• showcardwht.jpg
    showcardwht.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 68
OP
OP
G

Guyman

Nice artwork Tim. I am thinking of screen printing these, so couldn't personalize them.

Other then that, I may just come up with an idea and get some reaction on it. See all the GT/CS guys in Concord, CA in a few months.

BigJim

My wife and I would both buy 2 each. Will there be baby size for the grand babies?

BigJim

...I did the same thing a few years ago and received a wonderful response! I tailored them to each individual and made transfers opposed to screen printing. 'Produced a good many and had a lot of fun :) A few others here have produced shirts that were also very welcome and popular.

Is it still possible to get a couple of these shirts made up?

limelyt

This is the one that I came up with a couple of years ago with some help from Tim. Also changed the colors to match some request from other club members.

Attachments

• GTCS black design small.jpg
    GTCS black design small.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 38
  • GTCS red design small.jpg
    GTCS red design small.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 30
  • GTCS red-white small.jpg
    GTCS red-white small.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 29
  • GTCS design small.jpg
    GTCS design small.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 37

whodat

I would definately be interested in one or more. Also if you can do a hat or visor with GT/CS on it would be great too. I was thinking of getting some patches made up as well.

Batgirl89

This is the one that I came up with a couple of years ago with some help from Tim. Also changed the colors to match some request from other club members.

I like these! and the dif colors. could you also do some womens shirts, instead of regular tee shirts?

OP
OP
G

Guyman

These I am doing are going to be professionally screen printed on nice men's Tees, women's Tees etc. Won't be cheap import shirts that are so thin you can see through them. But they won't be $5 shirts either. I have had both, and it's worth a couple extra bucks to have a nice Tee for years to come. So will get the outline of the design done and post it in the next few days, already have about 6 hours just drawing the GT/CS!!!. Stay tuned!

Midnight Special

Tim,
There's some verbiage missing!!!:grin:

Arlie, you're talking about "Carroll" being mis-spelled? Yes, Donna pointed that out to me early on (thankfully;-)

I know what "Guyman" is going through, so can't wait to see what he comes up with. Nowadays, I use the Hanes Beefy-Ts on our air show shirts for best quality and reasonable price. Gary's are awesome for the personal touch as well :) but what I miss are the polo shirts Jon had done some years back. I'd buy more of those in a heartbeat!

Attachments

• aft.jpg
    aft.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 38

Mosesatm

Arlie, you're talking about "Carroll" being mis-spelled? Yes, Donna pointed that out to me early on (thankfully;-)

So the early ones are valuable collectors items!!!???

Actually I was referring to Limelyt's version and the missing words after, "California Made it Happen". :wink:

clubpro

Guy,

I did some t-shirts for the 40th anniversary and here is the artwork that I used. This is the black and white version, but you get the idea.

Cheers,

Ron

Attachments

• gasshirt%20copy.jpg
    gasshirt%20copy.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
G

Guyman

Again, nice artwork.,...I am going my own way on this one...will have the line art finish in the next day or so.... It's gonna be a "California Beachy" theme. Stay tuned!.

dalorzo_f

I was thinking a 'her's" shirt with a front shot of the grille with strategiaclly placed fog lights! :eek:

I'd suggest you contact Ford as they have been very agressive in folks using "their" IP. They made many shops using the term "Mustang" pay or cease and desist... The GT/CS logo I am sure they would claim and maybe even the "California Made it Happen" phrase as it was in their marketing... hate to see a wrangle over a small effort like this, but they have pursued some to going out of business... not sure what killing a company supporting the Mustang does for them, but they did.... a headache I don't think you want.

Hate to sound paranoid, but have spoken to quite a few folks who got the knock on the door, letter or call from Ford's legal team... not nice...

BigJim

I was thinking a 'her's" shirt with a front shot of the grille with strategiaclly placed fog lights! :eek:

I'd suggest you contact Ford as they have been very agressive in folks using "their" IP. They made many shops using the term "Mustang" pay or cease and desist... The GT/CS logo I am sure they would claim and maybe even the "California Made it Happen" phrase as it was in their marketing... hate to see a wrangle over a small effort like this, but they have pursued some to going out of business... not sure what killing a company supporting the Mustang does for them, but they did.... a headache I don't think you want.

Hate to sound paranoid, but have spoken to quite a few folks who got the knock on the door, letter or call from Ford's legal team... not nice...
I doubt Ford really wants to go after organizations like this but they really don't have a choice. If they don't go after everyone who uses their IP without their permission they become hard pressed in making the case against someone who really is making a profit off Ford's IP.