• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 New Book release date?

P

PNewitt

How many copies will be printed? May I have #666 ?

2,000 copies will be printed, and numbered and signed.

So...Amy...I don't think anyone has asked for that number...nor would there be any fights over getting it. So...uh...sure...you can have it! The cover will be in black, too (with a chrome foil GT/CS stripe across the front). The black cover will be textured like a vinyl top.

Paul N.

Northern Pony

Paul;
The little Devil has started something, and if no one has asked and it is available, I'll request #68. I believe when I paid there was something about first to pay up being offered low numbers? If not, next choice would be #302.

BoB
P.S. Still looking for decals, money order was Sept 19/08

Doug

Paul - since I bought 3 books - may I have #718 tha's my cars birthday - and 717 which is mine and 1031 which is my wife's.

Doug

P

PNewitt

I have record of everyone's numbered request--as they sent in their orders.

Diesel Donna got #1968, which was the most requested number.

I'll know more about which numbered copies go to whom when I compare requests with their postmarks.

I'll get to that once the book is off to the printer.

Thanks again for your support!

Paul N.
p.s. I hope that you all realize that we're a pretty strong Mustang marque within 9 million total Mustangs produced in 45 years.

Aussie67

Hi Paul

Great to hear progress is being made on your book. Looking forward to seeing it as it sounds great. If possible I would really like to get copy #46 or if not then # 207 would be great. We have also just found out we (along with our GT/CS) will be relocating back to Australia next month, so I will provide you with a new address and cover the costs to get my copy sent directly there.

Thanks and Regards

Peter

zapper

Its been a long time

Hey Paul, I haven't checked in here for a long while but was wondering if it was too late to order a couple of books, if not where do I order them? thanks

P

PNewitt

Since it's been a while, I though I'd give you an update on the status of the book.

I've been buried in writing and doing layouts for the chapter on the 2007-2009 GT/CS, and Mustang CE. This was really the only part of the book that had to be researched and written from scratch. I've been unable to post much, because of my time off-line writing, etc. So you know, here is an outline of that chapter:

pp. 166-181:

History of the GT-A (appearance) program
GT/CS Concept art
The GT/CS Design Team
Production timeline
Parts development (stripes, scoops, etc.)
AAI Factory info
White and Yellow prototypes
CHAMP GT/CS Mustangs & drivers
The Shelby GT-H connection
2007-2009 Ford Brochures
Ford Internet advertising & web ordering
Magazine reviews / Newspaper articles
Dealer promotions / Invoice Info
Complete statistics / production info by body style, etc.
Differences between years
Add/Delete list & authentication
Ford High Perf Packs
Aftermarket Accessories
Stripe install specs and Body color paint codes (all yrs.)

--There is one thing I need from anyone who might have it. I need an original newspaper ad with a photo (or commercial art) of a 2007-09 GT/CS from a Ford Dealer. Does anyone have one???

--I also need to find who took (and has the rights to) those spy photos of the white GT/CS in a building at Ford, and the other photos of the same car in a parking lot, showing the concept emblem on the rear. Someone posted the link back in about April-June 2006. That would be a help.

--And I need to know if I missed any GT/CS-specific aftermarket items. I have the foot rests, and the lower grille inserts. Who makes that third taillight insert? Did I miss anythng???

Thanks for your help on these things!!

NOW--the rest of the book. I have organized a tight schedule to get the main part of the book by mid-February. But, there are lots of those little things that take some time to hash out, permission, etc. Right now, I have most of page 1-73 done, and now the late model section, and the Green Hornet story is next. What I'm doing is completing parts that will need the people I'm interviewing to look over those sections while I'm doing the other parts of the book. All 224 pages are set up, but now, it's like assembling a puzzle as fast as possible, with a zillion details to answer.

This is a grueling project, because it's very tedious. I'm going the extra mile on lots of things, because that's what you like to read about. Such as: why the side scoops on the '07 are made at Roush, or how NASA influenced the design of the '68 hood pins, etc.,etc....

I'd like very much to have the bulk of it done by the end of Feb, then Ford needs ot look it over, then about four weeks to print it. This is all that I'm doing now, usually at 10-12 hour days, weekends included ( I don't recommend too much coffee with only 5 hrs a night sleep for six weeks. It tends to make one totaly MAD!!). As hard as I'm working, the time looms over my head, but I'd rather do the right job, instead of a quickly rushed one with gaps and mistakes.

More as it develops. I know you'll love this book, and feel that it's worth the wait. I'm trying to make about every page turn an "oh, wow" moment.

Sorry if I don't get to answering other posts and questions, and PMs, either, here. I'm immersed in this current chapter, then I move on to the next one giving 110% of my attention. I have about 1,500 photos, screen captures, notes, etc, that I wade through for each chapter. I'm treating this like a Master's Thesis, not just a Mustang book.

Thank you for your patience.

Paul.