• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Need Carlite drivers side glass

Forsche

Continue to work on cleaning up the GT/CS. The drivers side door glass has a few fairly deep scratches which I'm sure are a result of the original and pretty much non-existant door trim felts.

Can really good condition original carlite glass be found? I've seen a few on Ebay. They are probably a bit better than my current one but If i'm going to change it out, I'd like to get one that is as close to perfect as possible.

Ideas? Thanks

Ruppstang

Finding a real good door glass is really tough. Plus there are tinted and no tint not to mention the correct date codes. Your best bet would to be to call PS Auto Glass in Wisconsin they can provide a good match and add the Carlite and correct date code.
Good luck Marty

OP
OP
F

Forsche

Finding a real good door glass is really tough. Plus there are tinted and no tint not to mention the correct date codes. Your best bet would to be to call PS Auto Glass in Wisconsin they can provide a good match and add the Carlite and correct date code.
Good luck Marty

AH....thanks Marty. I had not thought about date codes which make the search even more challenging. I really prefer to use original parts but I'll check out PS Auto Glass as I was not aware of this option. Thanks much!!

Ruppstang

I have parted over 20 mustangs so I have a lot of glass. If you are ok with some defects let me know if yours is tinted and your build date and I will see what I have. Marty

Northern Pony

i have a drivers glass, in the metal frame, it is not perfect, slight etching that may be able to be polished out. Came out of a gt/cs, I believe May of 68. I am currently not at home, but if you want it you can have it for the cost of shipping, no need for me to make any $ on it.
I live in Calgary AB, so you can get a shipping cost to you. Let me know if you have any interest, and I'll check it out when I'm home next week. Next week I can also take a photo, and e-mail the pic.
BoB

OP
OP
F

Forsche

I have parted over 20 mustangs so I have a lot of glass. If you are ok with some defects let me know if yours is tinted and your build date and I will see what I have. Marty

Thanks to you Ruppstang and Northern for the great assistance. This place is great! I'm new to these cars and not familiar with date codes and how they should relate to build dates. My car's build date is 5/14. Let me know if if you have anything that might work.

Steve

Northern Pony

Steve;
I cannot see the build date, but mine definitely has a light tint.
As i said prior, mine is in the fmetal frame, not sure if it comes out of that frame.
BoB