• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Need A Gt/cs Hood Any Condition!

@Holmes

Well it turns out that a hood is hard to by these days. Even if I can find one I'll have to drill for the hood pins - not my preference. So does anyone have an extra gt/cs hood??? damaged dented I don't care. Please Let me know. I'll be trying to move the car in the next 3 weeks. I had recevied a few sugestions on the J-Code project thread. Thanks guys but those did not pan out. Any suggestions welcomed!!!!!

Perkchiro

Re-Pops are available with the turn signal louvers. You will need to drill the holes for the hood locks. I replaced mine because it was too rippled and full of bondo from a botched repair. I couldn't tell the difference after it was all finished. I think that would be your quickest and easiest way to fix it.

hicountrybob

Re-Pops are available with the turn signal louvers. You will need to drill the holes for the hood locks. I replaced mine because it was too rippled and full of bondo from a botched repair. I couldn't tell the difference after it was all finished. I think that would be your quickest and easiest way to fix it.

My negative observation on the REPOP hoods can be found on an earlier threat on this subject. Bob here.

Perkchiro

My negative observation on the REPOP hoods can be found on an earlier threat on this subject. Bob here.

Well, I didn't really have a choice. I had the car in the body shop and the expert looked over the old one and said it was junk and impossible to salvage without significant expense. Maybe I got lucky, but I drove and hour away to pick up a re-pop hood from Missouri Mustang. I looked it over with the intent of returning it if my paint guy didn't approve. I took it to him and he said it was perfect. I can't see any defect at all and I'm pleased with it. Sorry if you had a bad experience Bob. I didn't see that thread about your negative experience. I can tell you that a fender I ordered as a re-pop was an absolute disaster. I reordered one that was made from Ford Tooling and it was great. Well worth the extra money.

Last edited:

GTCSTexan

Well it turns out that a hood is hard to by these days. Even if I can find one I'll have to drill for the hood pins - not my preference. So does anyone have an extra gt/cs hood??? damaged dented I don't care. Please Let me know. I'll be trying to move the car in the next 3 weeks. I had recevied a few sugestions on the J-Code project thread. Thanks guys but those did not pan out. Any suggestions welcomed!!!!!

Ive got one and I'm in SW Fort Worth, but I'm not sure it will be much good to you. I did not use it on my restoration, I opted to drill holes in a used hood. The car was hit in the front and the hood is buckeled in the center as it comes to the point.

I can take pics and send if you are interested. This is the only picture that shows it: http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/2179000-2179999/2179512_2_full.jpg

GTCSTexan

Pictures of the hood:

2428977_23_full.jpg

2428977_26_full.jpg

2428977_45_full.jpg